Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Unstoppable Gorg

Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
gorkslasher

Chapter 19 Hero doable on unstoppable?

I've beaten all levels on unstoppable hero except Chapter 19. That one I don't even have an idea of a working strategy. Research is tight so resources need to go into planting one early, but that eats up badly needed resources for a third cannon for the second half where large ships are just not going down otherwise.

Anyone managed to beat Chapter 19 on unstoppable with hero yet? I can beat it without simply be ignoring research.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
PuddingWagon

Yup
It is fairly difficult and took me a fair few tries to get it down. One thing I relied on was that saucers don't attack the Invincible if they have something else to shoot at. Putting a vulcan down on the inner ring can finish the saucers off when they get past your cannon, then it can take care of the parasites without any problem.

This is what I used, got there without much issue:
Hints
Spoiler:
-Only one cannon is needed, put it on the outer early (after the first plasma goes down). Make it powerful.
-The cannon will survive the saucers, don't rush to get a repair down.
-Vulcan on the inner ring is useful against the parasites, but there is a better alternative against the mothership and bombers.
-Compliment this cannon with another weapon later on.
-Research can wait until the lancer appears. Upgrade it to level 3 quickly, then get another research down shortly after.

That should do it. An electro bomb early on can help, and use electro & atom bombs liberally at the end. Take out the first bomber as soon as you can, and do some damage to the second one before it overlaps with the mothership. Don't let the bombers get on the home stretch, their missiles usually don't go down in time. If you're in a pinch, there's a few seconds at the end where you have enough research, so sell those and get the inner defence fully upgraded.

Good luck.
PuddingWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
gorkslasher

No idea how that works. I cannot get the resources for a second cannon if I just put one plasma down.
gorkslasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
PuddingWagon

You only need one cannon. At the start it should go plasma, cannon, upgrade cannon, plasma, vulcan.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
gorkslasher

Thanks. By the time the vulcan goes down either the cannon or a plasma is down due to damage, so I need the resource for the vulcan for repairs.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
PuddingWagon

Use an electro bomb on one of the last two saucers, the cannon can get through with just a sliver of health left.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
gorkslasher

Still cannot do it. I survive the beginning but I was able to do that before. I am just resource starved once the mother ship starts moving, so either I build up the research or I build extra cannons to get the mother ship down, or the mother ship comes through and damages my base hence I don't get hero. I don't manage to do both. And one cannon does not get it down. I am sustituting the volcan.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #8
PuddingWagon

Tried adding a laser next to the cannon? And you're using electro bombs occasionally to give you more time?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
gorkslasher

I managed to get it done. Without laser though. Tough timing, 3-4 critical spots that absolutely have to be precise. Yep spamming electro bombs pretty much constantly for the second half.

Thanks tons for your help.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Unstoppable Gorg