Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Old 02-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
Jaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeR3 View Post
If i know im gonna run this game at 1920x1080 i wound't buy it.

Is like playing mortal kombat FOR BABIES.

I want all resolutions, ¿why release a game whit no resolution options?!
Because the game wasn't released this year, it was release in the 90's. Your resolutions didn't exist back then. It wasn't rewritten so the code just isn't there. It's the same roms that were in the arcade. All they made was an interface and an emulator.
Jaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #17
SpikedRocker

I placed a call yesterday with WBIE and they have no support built up for the game. The game was a poor port from XBL. They needed to rebuild the engine for PC's and it appears they haven't.

As far as the black borders, try the strech in the options, that should strech the video. The problem is they have made this game "HD" but not really.

I did play with the engine's resolutions and it somewhat helped but didn't solve my problem of the entire screen being justified left. I loose about 10-15% of the play area because of it.
SpikedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #18
lysiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikedRocker View Post
I placed a call yesterday with WBIE and they have no support built up for the game. The game was a poor port from XBL. They needed to rebuild the engine for PC's and it appears they haven't.

As far as the black borders, try the strech in the options, that should strech the video. The problem is they have made this game "HD" but not really.

I did play with the engine's resolutions and it somewhat helped but didn't solve my problem of the entire screen being justified left. I loose about 10-15% of the play area because of it.
To get rid of black bars i had to change scaling mode in nvidia drivers from "aspect ratio" to "full screen".
lysiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #19
SpikedRocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysiu View Post
To get rid of black bars i had to change scaling mode in nvidia drivers from "aspect ratio" to "full screen".
Just tried that and I still have the same issue of it being shifted to the left. Nice thought.
SpikedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
goombeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zSCl58cyE0

watch this video, download the file, follow instructions, and you will be able to change resolution works with me (now I play in 640x480 and finally the game is playable).
goombeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:37 AM   #21
SideStep

Im having problems with my screen. It says "format not supported".

My only option for the moment is entering the "-windowed" command.
SideStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #22
senhordd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeR3 View Post
If i know im gonna run this game at 1920x1080 i wound't buy it.

Is like playing mortal kombat FOR BABIES.

I want all resolutions, ¿why release a game whit no resolution options?!

and the sad part is to know they are using unreal engine which is capable of doing lots of different resolutions/ratios
senhordd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #23
UncleBionic

Please, just use this to change resolutions...
http://www.mediafire.com/?boo946a7j5ig4of

Btw, works for other resolutions than small ones also.
Ingame 1920x1080 works perfectly.

Gosh... so much whining everywhere.
And next time you have problems with something, just surf the forum. You'll find answers within 30 seconds.
UncleBionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #24
pokrishka

lol I love that I can open my Steam account installed on my HTPC and then go play MC. I don't want any console emulators or other sht, I'm just very glad they made it available. How come people like to be displeased so much?
pokrishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #25
majebudsmog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrishka View Post
lol I love that I can open my Steam account installed on my HTPC and then go play MC. I don't want any console emulators or other sht, I'm just very glad they made it available. How come people like to be displeased so much?
not quite as good as the emulator version.
majebudsmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #26
banzaigtv

The games were produced in lower resolution. There's really nothing you can do to upscale the graphics to HD. If you change the screen filter to "arcade", however, it will add thin black lines on the screen and make the game look like an authentic arcade machine with the classic CRT cabinet display.
banzaigtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #27
pokrishka

What was better in the emulator version?
Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #28
senhordd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrishka View Post
What was better in the emulator version?
MAME have full screen (with scanlines filter too), button mapping and runs better overall... doenst have internet/lan/multiplayer support (kailera version have it though)

plus side of arcade kollection version: it have the internet/lan/multiplayer, achievements, and leaderboard/ranking
senhordd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #29
pokrishka

Arcade Kollection has fullscreen and filters too, so your only pluses for emulator version are buttom mapping and mystical "runs better overall"? In Arcade Kollection you can also map most of the buttons (I guess only movements can't be mapped). I think that there are more advantages of emulator version that just weren't mentioned but seriously, people like to be displeased.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #30
neizel

This game is only CPU. I think with any CPU like Athlon XP/Sempron can run this game good. The VGA is used to render the arcade machines in the menu screen, and thats all, so I don't understand why the people wants to get higher/lower resolutions than the default's game (720p).

I compared with MAME at 1080p, and it's the same thing.
neizel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection