Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic Generations

Old 02-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
aidanreynolds

Online mode not working for anyone else?

Whenever I choose Ranking Attack or 30 Second Trial it throws me back to the main menu with the message: "Connection to the steam servers has been lost. Returning to main menu."

I only have one achievement left to get and that's Time Attacker
Old 02-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Earthworm James

well, for me it just keep searching for hours without any results... I had to kill the process once to quit it...
Earthworm James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
YourMom?

Hmm, that's weird. I can play it but my and everyone else's times are forgotten quickly so when I look at one of the maps the friends times table is blank. We all get different issues with this huh?
YourMom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Johnnykey

Sometimes it works for me, other times it doesn't.

It used to work at 100% back at launch for me.

The times aren't forgotten, not the ones on the leaderboards anyway, my times are still there.

You should be able to get the Time Attacker achievement regardless if your times are "forgotten" or not. There should be data on your save game saying you finished a stage in time attack. At least I assume so.
Johnnykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
aidanreynolds

I got the achievement. It was on and off, lots of crashes on "getting data" and times not being saved but I got it after an hour or so of cursing at the game for crashing.
aidanreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Wasted

I can't go 2 levels into the online mode without the whole game crashing to the desktop.
Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
Icetrips

Hi aidanrynolds,
I got the same bug but "Ranking Attack" just crash everytime.. and "30 Seconds Trail" mostly works.

I found a work around just for getting the achievement.

Start the game.
Press "Online Mode".
Don't press "Ranking Attack".
Press Alt+Tab.
Load few of stuff in your memory like IE, firefox.. and don't close them.
Return into the game and press "Ranking Attack".
Half of the time, this works... you're ok for one race. When you complete the race, you'll return to the same menu and this may crash the game.
(I suppose they enter a bad memory allocation somewhere in the code.)
Get "Time attacker" achievement... and never do a "Ranking Attack" anymore...
Icetrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #8
Aqualei

It doesn't seem to remember any of my times, about 1/5 times I can actually get rank attack to work... I play through, the time exists but it never displays on the place where it should, It's really irritating me because I really like playing this game to see how fast I can get through the level and adding an 'actual working' competitive board would help...

But yeah those other 4/5 times it crashes, Steam needs to make Sega aware of this bug, a majority of people are having this problem.
Aqualei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
nyunole

Encountering same problem as other posters. Ranked attack mode crashes randomly and repeatedly while accessing data. Though my times do not appear on the main menu screen for each level, they are saved to leaderboards.

This mode NEVER crashes during gameplay. It is always while trying to access data in the menus.

As noted above, eventually, the achievement will unlock.

It's been three months since launch, so I'm sure Sega is in full "we'd rather develop fun new games then waste time on old ones" mode. Which is a fine an' dandy answer as to why you don't do something new for old games (like adding achievements to games that don't have them). Not sure it works as well for failure to fix stuff that's just broken. But whatever.

This is a separate problem from the friends > 100 issue. I don't have more than 100 friends. Thanks Sega. Your bug has now made me ponder my lack of popularity.
nyunole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #10
cyberrat101

Doesn't work for me as well most of the time. Crashes 8/10 times :/
cyberrat101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic Generations