Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III

Old 02-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Nick757575

Morrowind crashes at start

I have just installed Morrowind via Steam, and straight after that I installed the Morrowind Overhaul 2.0 package (with the automatic installer).

Firstly, when I start the game through Steam, I just get a black screen and an error sound. I have to then Alt+Tab out of the black screen to read the message, which says the following:

"Failed to create Shaders\TexCoord_4_Offset_A.vso. Continue running executable? Cancel is 'Yes to All'"

I can select cancel for the game to start up. If I do this it starts & goes through the intro. I'm then on the boat, follow the guard to the trapdoor, but every time I go to open the trapdoor the game crashes at that point.

Just wondered if anyone could offer any advice on what I should do? Or if anyone else has experienced this after installing the Morrowind Overhaul package? Are there any mods that the Overhaul package may have installed that could be causing these crashes? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Nick757575: 02-04-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
usernamed2008

Hi Nick,

Glad to hear you're getting further than I am! (I can't even run the standard unmodified game)

However, while googling around lookin for solutions to my problem, I remember reading something about the Morrowind Overhaul patch containing something MGE (Morrowind Graphics Extender)

I'm pretty sure I read that if you have this problem, you have to start the MGE gui, disable the 'distant lands' bit of the overhaul until you're past that bit, then switch the distant lands back on again.

I got the impression that there was an mgegui.exe or something in the Morrowind folder from which you could control this.

I haven't got the Morrowind Overhaul patch myself, so don't know if this will work, but I hope it's helpful.
usernamed2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
SD_Jasper

I've having this same issue. I have the distant lands turned off, but I still get the error and still crash out of the game when loading some saves (even some that are interiors).

Anyone know what I can do (other than remove MGE)?

BTW, I am running Windows 7 and have followed all the instruction (redating bsa files, etc).
SD_Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III