Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Old 02-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
GigaTron

graphics vs, directx

okay this game requires a Nvidia graphics adapter, but it also requires directx 9? my computer supports directx 9 games/apps, so do I need a Nvidia card? or could I play with my directx 9 card?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Zephon

Quote:
OS: Windows XP/Vista. (if running Windows Vista SP1 is recommended)
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4/Athlon 64 3000+ or equivalent processor
Memory: 1GB RAM (2GB on Vista)
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 256 MB RAM (NVIDIA 7600 or better, ATI X1300 or better)
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 6 GB Hard Drive Space
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
If your current video card meets or exceeds the minimum listed you should be fine, of course dont ignore the rest of the minimum specs..
Zephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
YourMom?

Lol um Nvidia cards USE DirectX...

But I'm pretty sure you don't NEED an Nvidia, ATI Radeons should work too. What graphics card do you have bro?
YourMom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
GigaTron

Name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Family Chipset Family
Manufactuerer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Family Chipset Family

don't be fooled, even though its a bit old, I installed the directx runtime drivers from the microsoft downloads site, so I can play almost all directx 9 and some 10 games/ apps
my system can support Meat boy, Unity 3, XNA 4(in reach mode), sonic 1, cd, streets of rage, limbo, Torque Game Builder, etc.

Last edited by GigaTron: 02-05-2012 at 03:30 PM.
GigaTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
YourMom?

Well normally I'd say "ugh Intel graphics are bad lol" but yours looks like a new one, and those aren't too bad.

I'd say you can probably run this, I've seen Generations played on one of these cards. Someone else wanna chime in though? 'Cause I haven't actually played Sonic 4 nor have that good of a feel for how demanding it is, I'm guessing not that much though.
YourMom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #6
ezodagrom

It's not one of the new ones, it's one of the old really bad GMA.
The game doesn't have high requirements though, so it might run well...maybe...
ezodagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
GigaTron

it should, becuase games like meatboy has no lag at all, or sonic cd, even when I put the visuals on the best quailty, I'm a developer, so I use a lot of tools that requires either a pentium proccessor, or a direct x 9 or 10 card, I can play any game or run any app that doesn't require a shader model 3, but games like side way:newyork, an indie game, that contains some lag, but not so much that it's unplayable like street fight IV to Arcade Edition
Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
Earthworm James

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaTron View Post
it should, becuase games like meatboy has no lag at all, or sonic cd, even when I put the visuals on the best quailty, I'm a developer, so I use a lot of tools that requires either a pentium proccessor, or a direct x 9 or 10 card, I can play any game or run any app that doesn't require a shader model 3, but games like side way:newyork, an indie game, that contains some lag, but not so much that it's unplayable like street fight IV to Arcade Edition
dude, u realize that the games your card can run are actually emulated roms or flash games?
No, your vga can't run Dx9 and Dx10 games since the "real" games require shaders 3.0, 4.0 and even 5.0

also, the "I'm a developer" line is extremely lulzy since it's pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about
Earthworm James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
GigaTron

Well Actually Sonic 4 Works on my Computer without any need of me buying more hardware, And yeah that "I'm a developer" crack I made was a move...
Old 02-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
Jjssonicfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm James View Post
dude, u realize that the games your card can run are actually emulated roms or flash games?
No, your vga can't run Dx9 and Dx10 games since the "real" games require shaders 3.0, 4.0 and even 5.0

also, the "I'm a developer" line is extremely lulzy since it's pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about
LIMBO, Sonic CD, and Super Meat Boy, are actually NOT emulated. Sonic CD is a complete re-make, not run on an emulator, and same with LIMBO and Super Meat Boy (Unless if he is talking about the Meat Boy flash game... I'm not entirely sure!)

And LIMBO requires Shader Model 3.0, and my laptop with the exact same Video card as him works on LIMBO...
Jjssonicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
GigaTron

Even though my card is old it can alot of video games. I'm not sure, I know when i installed the directx rontime drivers I was able to play more of a variety of games
Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
Leox001

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm James View Post
since the "real" games require shaders 3.0, 4.0 and even 5.0
there are shader-less games that are more "real" than lots of crappy "omg dx11 we spend thousands of dollars to tesselate a.. ROCK"
Leox001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic the Hedgehog 4