Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
bwfcnut

Game information reference

Right due to the number of threads that keep appearing on the same, small number of topics I thought I'd just create an overview thread so that people can use it as a reference point. Please note this is post is not confirmed by Steam, this is just someone trying to collect all information into a starting point for new people; I'm just making this to try and help out and cut down on reptitive threads.

Release dates
North America: 7th February 2012
Europe: 10th February 2012
Australia: 10th February 2012
Rest of the world: TBA as far as I can tell. If this is wrong I will edit it.

Preloading
Steam is now allowing people to preload the game for those you who haven't seen the release date yet.

Pre order bonuses and DLC
Currently steam are doing a TF2 hat bonus. You can claim these hats as soon as you've pre ordered by loading up, or installing, TF2 and looking in your backpack. Currently there don't seem to be any plans for steam to release the other pre-order packs (weapons pack, destinies pack etc), but this may change for all I know. If you want those you will have to order from (primarily UK/europe since US has released):

Origin - Weapons pack
Amazon - Weapons pack and dowsing rod. This doesn't seem to apply to UK Amazon
Game/Gamestation - Destinies pack. This seems to have expired as of writing.
play.com - Destinies pack
Gamersgate - Weapons pack (for UK users)
shopto.net - No pre order bonus

These pre-order items CAN be activated on steam (re: http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/s...re-Order-Items) but you need the code from another vendor in the first place.

To claim your bonus items from the demo, I would imagine that you simply sign in to the same EA account you played the demo on and collect them from the chest in the first village.

It appears the House of Valour questline is unlocked automatically on digitally distributed games (ie games bought through Steam and Origin). I've yet to see someone actually confirm this so could someone let me know please?

Demo
There is a demo available on Steam for those of you who wish to try the game out. However it is known to have many bugs and problems, so don't let that completely put you off. It's a 3, now near 4, month old build and was built externally by another developer who weren't part of the actual game developement cycle. This demo was forced out by EA so is a bit of a mess, it does not reflect anywhere near the final build.

If you're having problems with the demo I'd recommend searching the forum since someone, somewhere will probably have had the same issue.

Store bought copies, Steam & Origin
Currently it looks as though Store bought copies cannot be registered to Steam as they require Origin for activation. Whether this will change in future, I don't know, but if you are adamant on avoiding Origin currently purchasing on Steam is the only way you can possess the game without having to use Origin.

Also to those of you wanting to avoid giving EA money, it appears that they aren't the publisher of the game on Steam so they will get virtually nothing from your purchase.

Steam/EA account log in problems
For some unknown reason a lot of users have had trouble with logging into their EA account from the Steam version to claim DLC. Currently the only way to get around this is to contact EA support using their live chat service and get them to register your game code from Steam to your EA account. This seems to fix all log in issues.

Shards & sagecrafting
This is a very common issue at the moment. A lot of people have said that this function does not work and shards cannot be combined. I've currently yet to come across a fix but will update if/when one appears.

Minimum & recommended requirements
Windows XP with Service Pack 3
Windows Vista with Service Pack 2
Windows 7 with Service Pack 1

CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHz or better
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (or equivalent) running at 2.6GHz or better

RAM:
1 GB for Windows XP or better
2 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7 or better

Hard Drive:
At least 10.5 GB of free space

GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB or better
ATI Radeon HD3650 512MB or better

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Same as minimum

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Quad (or equivalent) running at 2.4GHz or better
AMD Phenom X4 (or equivalent) running at 2.6GHz or better

RAM:
3 GB for Windows XP or better
4 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7 or better

Hard Drive:
At least 10.5 GB of free space

GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 1GB RAM or better
ATI Radeon HD4850 1GB RAM or better

Game guide by SaboSmith
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2527958

Game tweaking and modification
Game tweaking guide by Andytizershiny:
http://www.pcgamepedia.com/index.php...lur:_Reckoning
Please use these gameplay and interface tweaks at your own risk. Neither myself or the author can guarantee these tweaks will work. This is an ongoing project by Andy which will expand as time goes on.

The Skyrim FXAA injector also works with this game as discovered by Dungeoncrawler and confirmed by a few other users.
Download link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=131

A big thanks to BurtonJ for stickying this "FAQ". I'll keep it as up to date as I can with current problems and solutions, as well as answers to questions that appear frequently. I hope it's of use to you all.

-bwfcnut

Last edited by bwfcnut: 02-10-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Additions to information
Old 02-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
bwfcnut

Updated for requirements and sagecrafting. Do you guys think this will be helpful then?
bwfcnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
SaboSmith

People will still make the threads but at least someones taken the time to educate those that won't just spam the same topics

Mind putting a link to my guides thread in there? It's kinda info

Last edited by SaboSmith: 02-07-2012 at 10:08 AM.
SaboSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
Shaneluls39199

we could have used this weeks ago..lol
Shaneluls39199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
bwfcnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaboSmith View Post
People will still make the threads but at least someones taken the time to educate those that won't just spam the same topics

Mind putting a link to my guides thread in there? It's kinda info

Sure thing, done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneluls39199 View Post
we could have used this weeks ago..lol
True, but better late than never.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
bwfcnut

Updated to include a tweaking guide being put together by Andytizershiny and a link to the Skyrim FXAA injector that works with this game as discovered by Dungeoncrawler.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
Psydotek

I would like information on the free DLC. Is it automatically included with the Steam version or do I need to make an EA account to access it?
Psydotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #8
bwfcnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psydotek View Post
I would like information on the free DLC. Is it automatically included with the Steam version or do I need to make an EA account to access it?
The hats are, assuming you have TF2 installed. If you mean the DLC unlocked in the demo, you need to play the demo whilst signed into your EA account and then sign in to the full game, when you get it, with the same EA account. If you mean the pre order DLCs from places like Amazon there's no way to get them on steam that I know of, you'll have to go to those specific vendors but a lot of deals seem to have expired now.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #9
Psydotek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwfcnut View Post
The hats are, assuming you have TF2 installed. If you mean the DLC unlocked in the demo, you need to play the demo whilst signed into your EA account and then sign in to the full game, when you get it, with the same EA account. If you mean the pre order DLCs from places like Amazon there's no way to get them on steam that I know of, you'll have to go to those specific vendors but a lot of deals seem to have expired now.
I was referring to the "Free day one DLC for those who buy the game new" House of Valor faction questline that requires an online pass to access on the console versions. It seems like they're already included in the digitally distributed versions:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/27/ki...ia-online-pas/

I was just unsure if there were hoops to jump through to get it activated or downloaded (like having to log into an EA account) but it seems like it should already be in for the Steam version.
Psydotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #10
bwfcnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psydotek View Post
I was referring to the "Free day one DLC for those who buy the game new" House of Valor faction questline that requires an online pass to access on the console versions. It seems like they're already included in the digitally distributed versions:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/27/ki...ia-online-pas/

I was just unsure if there were hoops to jump through to get it activated or downloaded (like having to log into an EA account) but it seems like it should already be in for the Steam version.
Ah right, apologies thought you meant the standard DLC. I'm not sure, there's even confusion on how to unlock it in their actual forums. I'll post an update when I find out for certain but yeah I think it's unlocked automatically.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
Lone.Gunman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwfcnut View Post
Ah right, apologies thought you meant the standard DLC. I'm not sure, there's even confusion on how to unlock it in their actual forums. I'll post an update when I find out for certain but yeah I think it's unlocked automatically.
How do we know if we've got the house of valor dlc unlocked?
Lone.Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning