Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V > Steam Workshop for Skyrim

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
d2344c
 
Banned
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 115
Creation Kit is now so close

1st thread on the new forum of skyrim With Steam Workshop
now that the creation kit is some hours away i would like to ask
if the CK will make modding easier and be easy for new-comers?
If it is i will create some mods myself
Happy Modding
d2344c is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
Mokkat
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 43
Posts: 1,066
Marvelous Can't wait to see if that fabled high texture pack is really coming too.

Where does one start if one wants to be a modder? The tools might be user friendly, but I'd need a guide to not feel overwhelmed I think

Last edited by Mokkat: 02-07-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Mokkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
-TheDarkWolf-
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 12
Posts: 293
It's not hard at all to learn for those who have modded before, in my opinion - though it may be hard for those who have never modded before. It should become familiar fairly quickly, save for any of the scripting parts.
-TheDarkWolf- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
keiskay2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 98
Posts: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkat View Post
Marvelous Can't wait to see if that fabled high texture pack is really coming too.

Where does one start if one wants to be a modder? The tools might be user friendly, but I'd need a guide to not feel underwhelmed I think
like with the fall out new vegas GECK there will be an incredibly detailed wiki page put together by the devs and some of the community that will help you out with pretty much everything. heck the GECK wiki helped me learn how to do texture and mesh work.
keiskay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
meior
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 6
Posts: 40
Still nothing over here.. Any word on how long it could be until its released?
meior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
Mokkat
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 43
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiskay2 View Post
like with the fall out new vegas GECK there will be an incredibly detailed wiki page put together by the devs and some of the community that will help you out with pretty much everything. heck the GECK wiki helped me learn how to do texture and mesh work.
cool, I will check that out
Mokkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
derrman0426
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 1397
Posts: 2,780
Can't wait for it to release, i would like to try my hand at modding, not sure what to mod though...

Also, the forum id is 1337, just an observation.
derrman0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
shakuvendell
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meior View Post
Still nothing over here.. Any word on how long it could be until its released?

The next 2-4 hours, if our luck holds...
shakuvendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #9
GamersCast
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 10
Posts: 173
Typically things release on steam 1PM (EST) which is.... 15 minutes. So, we can only hope that's when it'll be out. I hope it's easy for new modders to get into it. I have a lot of good ideas, but have never made a mod before.
GamersCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
d2344c
 
Banned
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 115
anyone wants to form a mod team?
d2344c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
jaju123
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 62
In addition to releasing the Creation Kit and Skyrim Workshop, today Bethesda has release the Skyrim High-Resolution Texture Pack. Before downloading it from Steam, make sure your system requirements exceed Skyrim’s recommended specs before attempting to install, including a minimum of 4GB of system RAM and a DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with at least 1 GB of RAM and the latest drivers.
jaju123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
d2344c
 
Banned
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaju123 View Post
In addition to releasing the Creation Kit and Skyrim Workshop, today Bethesda has release the Skyrim High-Resolution Texture Pack. Before downloading it from Steam, make sure your system requirements exceed Skyrim’s recommended specs before attempting to install, including a minimum of 4GB of system RAM and a DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with at least 1 GB of RAM and the latest drivers.
can i get it?
core 2 duo E8400 3.6
nvidia gts 450 oc'ed
4gb ram
win 7 64 bit
1440x900
d2344c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
meior
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 6
Posts: 40
So its out! Awesome. Now I just have to survive the for some reason horribly slow download speeds for the texture pack. (~200 kbs)

Also, am I just thick, or how do you actually get to the workshop? I thought they just hadnt added a shortcut on the library-page for Skyrim, but TF2 doesnt have one either. I go to the Community tab, but find no convenient way of getting there. So far Ive gone through the announcement to check things out.

Where. Is. The. Workshop. Button?
meior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V > Steam Workshop for Skyrim


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.