Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkness II, The

Old 02-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Veex.

Developer's explanation to lack of FoV option.

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...12#post1503312

Quote:
Hey guys -

The FOV is fixed for a reason - mainly due to the demon arms, which are over your shoulders. This FOV made sense given how they worked.

I call bull on this one. To me it's just pure laziness, they could have made 75° as the standart and give us the option to adjust it. Maybe they could have added a warning message when changing the FoV that the game is supposed to be played with 75° and that it can cause errors. I don't care for AA or DX 11 options, but the number of people who get physically ill when playing with low FoV is too high to just say "it's a stylistic choice, deal with it". After all, options are, as their name suggests, completely optional.

Or if they really wanted to have the interface look the same way with higher FoV, make slight adjustments to your freaking engine, it's not like your new "Evolution Engine" isn't adjustable, you coded the damn thing for this game. Other game companies have been doing this for over 5 years, why can't you?

EDIT 09.02.2012:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLongtime View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/sheldoncarter...09595625639937

Hey - we hear the FOV complaints and hopefully will have a patch really soon to give some options. Stay tuned.
EDIT 15.02.2012:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLongtime View Post
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...14#post1506214

Hey guys – Wanted to give you an update on some graphical updates the team is working on. Currently, our QA team is testing an FOV slider. I’ll post an update when I hear we’ve cleared the patch – but hopefully it won’t take much longer!

Thanks again,

Elizabeth
EDIT 21.02.2012:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veex. View Post
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...13#post1508613

We will definitely update before the patch is released. I haven't heard anything new, but will check back with you guys next week.

EDIT: 29.03.2012
FoV options have been implemented.

Last edited by Veex.: 03-29-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Darkshodan

Don't buy it then , crying in every thread about it makes it not better ...

No wonder why nobody wants to support pc games anymore , look at all this hate , only because a FOV slider is missing...
Darkshodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
Veex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshodan View Post
Don't buy it then , crying in every thread about it makes it not better ...

No wonder why nobody wants to support pc games anymore , look at all this hate , only because a FOV slider is missing...
I just won 10 bucks, because I said the first post would be a completely unhelpful post from someone who doesn't have problems with low FoV, thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshodan View Post
I'd rather not have a PC version than a PC version without any proper porting, which was literally thrown out onto the market for some quick cash.
Veex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
nonplus++

Banned
If your going to rant you should do it on their forum where the community manager might read it.

If their not going to change it then you should move on, people crying about it is getting annoying.
nonplus++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
poutsample

This was the lamest excuse I've ever read. No wonder it came from 2KElizabeth, she is an official trash talker from the publishers side, known for these kind of answers. It's that type of management people who don't even know how to switch on a PC.

Arms look as fine here (make it fullscreen) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14326828/Clipboard11.jpg
as compared to the original http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14326828/Clipboard09.jpg

Quote:
I just won 10 bucks, because I said the first post would be a completely unhelpful post from someone who doesn't have problems with low FoV, thanks for that.

I'd rather not have a PC version than a PC version without any proper porting, which was literally thrown out onto the market for some quick cash.
Win post.

@nonplus++, Darkshodan, d_cover: You know if you don't like the thread or if it annoys you, you can do a favor to people that are interested and not participate. Tired of your constant useless bull.

Last edited by poutsample: 02-08-2012 at 12:04 PM.
poutsample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
d_cover

Veex no one is forcing you to buy the game nor are they forcing you to play it.

You seem to enjoy moaning about the field of view. If anything you seem to hate the game so why talk about it?

Simply go find another game that you actually enjoy?

The is still a possibility someone will make a tweak or a program to mod the settings like they did in Dead Island. So rather than complain on here go search for something that someone might be developing.

But all this ranting is getting old and very boring.

Their you go. I gave you an idea go look for something and make a thread so all this complaining about FOV can finally stop.
d_cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
katt899

I bought the game and the FOV isn't so problematic. As some other said, if you don't like it, don't buy/play it. I prefer playing a game with low FOV to not playing it because it's a console exclusive.
katt899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
Veex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cover View Post

You seem to enjoy moaning about the field of view. If anything you seem to hate the game so why talk about it?

I could just copy and paste your post and write it back to you with your name instead of mine, but that isn't any fun, is it? I could explain how wrong you are on so many levels, but that isn't the point here.

Quote:
Unless I'm not aware of my few posts on this forum, this is my second real rant on this forum ever in about 400 posts (about 300 are hidden posts in the trade sections). Maybe you should look up the definition of rant. If you do so, learn the difference between their, there and they're.

Quote:
The is still a possibility someone will make a tweak or a program to mod the settings like they did in Dead Island. So rather than complain on here go search for something that someone might be developing.

Their you go. I gave you an idea go look for something and make a thread so all this complaining about FOV can finally stop.
Well, guess how I stumpled upon the post of that developer? I quoted it because it is in my opinion a kick right in the teeth for any PC consumer. And why you picked Dead Island as example is beyond me, not only because the game was pretty mediocre in comparison to other games, but also, because it's neither the same Developer, Publisher nor even engine.

I know people who could code a simple way to change FoV within an hour with the right developer tools and could probably do it myself within a reasonable time, but I guess expecting consumers to spend hours on developing memory hacks that work for this game is really reasonable, isn't it?

Last edited by Veex.: 02-08-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
Ekis

Quote:

If you don't like a thread, don't read it. lol
Ekis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
MD1990

Veex and Poutsample still crying about no FOV options? Color me shocked.

Quote:
Who's paying you the $10?
MD1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
Veex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD1990 View Post
Veex and Poutsample still crying about no FOV options? Color me shocked.
MD1990 still crying about people having an opinion? Color me shocked.

Quote:
Who's paying you the $10?
z0mgitsme is his steam name. I'm not joking.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
MD1990

Quote:
MD1990 still crying about people having an opinion? Color me shocked.
I see you're keeping tabs on your cry thread. Nothing gets by you!
MD1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
Veex.

Quote:
I see you're keeping tabs on your cry thread. Nothing gets by you!
Actually not, I just came back from a walk with my dog and had the User CP open. There is no need for tabs on a vBulletin forum.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/usercp.php in case you need a link for it. You've probably never seen it before, so take your time exploring it and don't come back
Old 02-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
poutsample

LOL @ having to argue on such matters with a 12 year old... son, go drink your milk...
poutsample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #15
QualityJeverage

It's a legitimate issue, and one I'd like to see addressed, whether it's in a patch or a community fix.

Can we not discuss it without both sides nipping at each other?

The fact is FoV affects different people differently. I bought the game and, while I thoroughly enjoy it, it's genuinely uncomfortable to play because I'm very sensitive to FoV. If it doesn't bother you, then please just enjoy the game.

I paid for this game, I don't regret it, but this is an issue I would very much like to see resolved.
QualityJeverage is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkness II, The