Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rochard

Old 02-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
snlehton

Recoil Games
Post Rochard Patch 1.05 - WORK IN PROGRESS

Hello all,

and sorry for the inconvenience.

WHAT HAPPENED

We are currently working on a new 1.05 patch which is supposed to roll out any day now. However, one revision of that patch got published by accident today - this shouldn't have happened.

The 1.05 patch was later rolled back by Valve back to 1.04. This explains why some of you went through the download procedure multiple times, causing massive amount of data being downloaded.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this!

HELP NEEDED

Having said that, the patch should be quite mature as it is, and we would not mind if some of you could try out the patch before it's rolled out.

Here is a rough list of issues that have been addressed:
  • Game content has been restructured and compressed so that minimal code-only patches can be produced instead of releasing everything again (engine restriction workaround).
  • Steam cloud data is automatically backed up when new version of game is run for the first time.
  • Added gamepad controller customization to options menu
  • Removed restrictions to video modes the game supports, though only official resolutions (aspects 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3) can be chosen through the options menu by default.
  • All video modes are available when entering options menu while holding shift key down.
  • Unreliable jump action when playing on keyboard and on high end machines have been addressed.
  • Impassable laser puzzle in C4L3 while playing in low FPS (< 10 FPS) has been fixed.
  • In-game development menu has been exposed to public version (press F9). It can be used to display FPS or current progress in the game.
  • Small fixes to level content (broken animations, floating characters etc)

To be able to try out the patch, contact me through email sampsa at recoilgames.com.

We are particularly interested in users who are playing the game with a gamepad (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows and 3rd party controllers), who have low/high end computers or have special video mode requirements (televisions, fixed resolutions etc), and/or who use Steam cloud.

Best regards,
Sampsa Lehtonen

Last edited by snlehton: 02-15-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Added more info
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
PurSpyk!!

So when the final version of the patch is released will we have to redownload the entire game again?
PurSpyk!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
snlehton

Recoil Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurSpyk!! View Post
So when the final version of the patch is released will we have to redownload the entire game again?
Unfortunately yes If you find this troublesome, you can disable updates to particular game via its properties in your Steam client. We will also warn you at the forums before the update is taking place.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
PurSpyk!!

Any reason why the game cannot just be updated?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurSpyk!! View Post
Any reason why the game cannot just be updated?
They will be able to make smaller patches AFTER the one big 1.05 patch as that's the patch that fixes that engine problem.
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
PurSpyk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
They will be able to make smaller patches AFTER the one big 1.05 patch as that's the patch that fixes that engine problem.
Lets hope.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
freibooter

I'm not sure if I should apply for testing. I had the "luck" to test the accidentally released build and my Xbox 360 gamepad was non-functional inside the menu (haven't tried the actual game), v1.04 worked and still works fine for me, though.
I have a reasonably fast system (Core 2 i5-2400, 8GB, Win7 64bit) but only an older mid-range GPU (Geforce GTS 250) and didn't face any issues playing v1.04 on this system - I just finished it.
I'm really hoping to see some additional content in the future, though, I want more Rochard.
freibooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
Solid Sawyer

Sh** occurs, at least you're working to improve your game. I haven't played it yet but it looks cool.
Solid Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #9
offlinenolife

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by snlehton View Post
[*] In-game development menu has been exposed to public version. It can be used to display FPS or current progress in the game.
Where is it ? The unrestricted Video menu works, but I can't find the dev menu.
offlinenolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
TheUnreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by snlehton View Post
Unreliable jump action when playing on keyboard and on high end machines have been addressed.
Wow, I genuinely thought I was going nuts when John refused to jump multiple times for absolutely no reason..

I'll test out if it's any different when I can afford to download the patch, Steam is my monthly cap at the moment. I hope this latest large update was worth it.
TheUnreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
BionicWolf

Post patch only Start new game

Oh no- After patch I can only start new game-continue and saves grey-also all sound options were reset to 0- the other preferrences seem to have remained- PLEASE tell me I didn't lose my ALMOST FINISHED JOHN...

EDIT- I DID NOT start new game...
RE-edit
Verified cache/restarted steam-same-Achievements remain-and I auto update game and use cloud-

Last edited by BionicWolf: 02-15-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: forgot-TWICE
BionicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
snlehton

Recoil Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicWolf View Post
Oh no- After patch I can only start new game-continue and saves grey-also all sound options were reset to 0- the other preferrences seem to have remained- PLEASE tell me I didn't lose my ALMOST FINISHED JOHN...

RE-edit
Verified cache/restarted steam-same-Achievements remain-and I auto update game and use cloud-
Sent a PM. I will report back once this issue is solved.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #13
elixenie

Lightbulb Music is gone.

Sorry if this is a slight derail, I'm not sure if this is related or helpful, but can't imagine where else it might have originated. I'm not getting new problems in any other game.

I am midway through the game right now. We're talking about some kind of fiercely dangerous rock crusher, but I haven't seen it yet. I started a few checkpoints ago, just before the (first?) upside-down sequence.

The title screen has music, but not the logo screens. There was music briefly after I reestablished communication and after Maximilian arrived. Other than that, it's gone.

I looked in Options and it was at 10. Changing the level and restarting didn't help.

And no problem validating the cache.

My soundcard is a Creative XB X-Fi.

Last edited by elixenie: 02-20-2012 at 06:56 PM.
elixenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
snlehton

Recoil Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixenie View Post
The title screen has music, but not the logo screens. The was music briefly after I reestablished communication and after Maximilian arrived. Other than that, it's gone.
There isn't music playing in the game all the time. Just play further, there will be more music. This isn't a bug.

(The main menu music is consider "music" so if it plays, all of the music should play)

Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #15
benetti32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicWolf View Post

RE-edit
Same, I wanted to finish Rochard today and cannot continue. I guess I have to wait for next patch...
benetti32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rochard