Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Old 02-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Henn0r

Unhappy Warhammer Dark Crusade not starting...

Hey Guys,

i've got a Bug which drives me crazy.. On the last weekend i've bought Warhammer 40k Gold Edition with two expansions (Winter Assault & Dark Crusade).

First i've downloaded and installed Warhammer Gold Edition, tried to launch it, it got the problem which almost everyone got (missing folders). That problem was then solved.

Second i've downloaded and installed Winter Assault, that was even easier, because that worked without doing anything at all. All folders and other Stuff where were it should be, so it worked as designed.

Then finally i've downloaded and installed Dark Crusade, and Dark Crusade ist driving me nuts. When i try to start it, it happens nothing at all. My mouse Icon tells me that it starts sth but later on, it happens nothing at all.
Then i've been looking for that bug and was checking for example missing Folders - all there. I've got no Error poping up nor Event Messages in Windows. The *.exe is not poping up in my Task Manager.

So short version - Warhammer 40k Gold & Winter Assault are working. Dark Crusade --> no errors, nothing happens at all...

Does anyone got a clue what that may be?

I've got Windows 7 Professional 64bit Service Pack 1 installed.

I'd be greatful for any ideas.

Greatings from Germany
Henn0r

ps: i hope my english & my problem is understandable enough ;-)
Old 02-11-2012, 03:37 AM   #2
derpiderp

I have a similar issue with win7. Both DoW Gold and Winter Assault run without any problem, but when I try to run Dark Crusade I get an error message saying: "Could not load localized text. Make sure you are starting this utility from your warhammer/Root directory". I've created a Data folder, tried to run the *.exe files directly, even redownloaded and reinstalled the game, to no avail. Anyone has any idea how to solve this?
derpiderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
VanWusel

Win7

Had the same issue and I can tell you: When installing it from discs (I also own them, bought DC on steam for occasional multiplayer with a pal), it works just perfectly with Win7.
When starting the game first time, some dialogues come up to enter key codes from other DOW games to be able to also play other factions - maybe that is the issue with the DL version?
VW
VanWusel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
SpenceFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanWusel View Post
Had the same issue and I can tell you: When installing it from discs (I also own them, bought DC on steam for occasional multiplayer with a pal), it works just perfectly with Win7.
When starting the game first time, some dialogues come up to enter key codes from other DOW games to be able to also play other factions - maybe that is the issue with the DL version?
VW
I've had the game since it came out, and thus have the discs. I'm having exactly the same problem, even when running the game through 3D Analyzer. So, yeah... ANYONE know what do?
SpenceFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series