Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
RsslSk8r
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 2
Someone Hacked My Account And Got Me VAC Banned

So recently i got banned. I found out becuz i couldn't go onto any VAC secured servers. And also my items got hacked becuz i only have 14 now. So if anyone can help me out please reply.
RsslSk8r is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Czqnielsen
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 70
Posts: 277
It's stated somewhere on steam that if your account gets hijacked and the person gets you VAC-banned there's nothing they can do.

I'm sorry.
Czqnielsen is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Hedy Lamarr
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 893
Posts: 840
You discovered the account had been compromised only when you went to connect to a server?

Does this mean the "hacker" still has control over your account?
Hedy Lamarr is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
raupi
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 529
Posts: 2,294
Change your password. Change the password to your email. Enable Steam Guard.

And you may contact support, but they will most likely not reset your VAC status. Read more on this here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1385172
raupi is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
c313
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 55
Posts: 279
It really really sucks that they can not un vac ban people who got hacked, Idk if this falls into the category of a "excuse" people use when they hacked and got caught, i mean not that often do hackers hack a account and play the game lol

But yeah, change your password, Set up some security and hopefully Steam will change their rules on getting vac'd while your account is compromised
c313 is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Hedy Lamarr
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 893
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by c313 View Post
....hopefully Steam will change their rules on getting vac'd while your account is compromised
Hopefully, they don't. Cheaters have been using this as an excuse for the past couple years.
Hedy Lamarr is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
Lethal_Dexter
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 4
Posts: 282
Email steam support.. Explain the ENTIRE Situation, and hopefully they'll understand, but ofcourse you need proof you own the Account, this can be covered by a picture of a Retail CD Key or a Bank transaction proof.


Good luck!

P.S: There's no such thing as a Steam Cracker, it's a fake program...
Lethal_Dexter is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
T@F
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Reputation: 1952
Posts: 10,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy Lamarr View Post
Hopefully, they don't. Cheaters have been using this as an excuse for the past couple years.
but valve knows by ip if it was them or the hacker.
if you live in the usa and its a Russian ip ,then that's a dead give away.

Also if you had your account 2+ years with many games no vac then it got stolen.i'm sure valve could decide if the hacker did it in spite.

I know valve won't change there rules,but still would be nice for valve to give benefit of the doubt sometimes,and over rule there rules.
T@F is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
zonkz
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 425
Posts: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@F View Post
but valve knows by ip if it was them or the hacker.
if you live in the usa and its a Russian ip ,then that's a dead give away.

Also if you had your account 2+ years with many games no vac then it got stolen.i'm sure valve could decide if the hacker did it in spite.
Both examples would allow international friends, and those with an "+2 years old" account, to get a free try. Maybe even a try to control the detection of a cheat.
Bad ideas.
zonkz is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
c313
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 55
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy Lamarr View Post
Hopefully, they don't. Cheaters have been using this as an excuse for the past couple years.
Well its mainly to the OBVIOUS people who were hacked, I.E A completely different IP address was on the Steam account during the "hacking" period
c313 is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
Hedy Lamarr
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 893
Posts: 840
IP numbers are worthless

"Here, Russian friend of mine. Login to my account and use this leet hack. If I get banned, I'll claim I was hijacked. If not, then that means it's undectected"

Also, anyone can mask their IP. Hell, I can make it seem as though I'm posting this from Uruguay.
Hedy Lamarr is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
Snhr
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 4
Posts: 49
Steam Guard may be annoying to use but it's there for a reason. Of course if they know your email account and you use the same exact password it wouldn't be effective. Or you've been downloading malicious software with a keylogger or any other spyware. It's easy to stay safe.
Snhr is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #13
habeebit
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 66
Posts: 115
well here is your steam account http://steamcommunity.com/id/Electrosk8r

and here are your accounts on hacking forums not to mention you trying to scam people with a fake terraria download on youtube. Karma is a ******

http://i.imgur.com/GveLE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RUDdB.jpg

also you should know the "someone hacked my account" line never works.

GG no RM
habeebit is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
Ruptur3
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 137
Posts: 597
Your account security is your responsibility.

Steam provides a very good security system,but its up to you to protect it.

How did you get hacked by the way?
Ruptur3 is offline  
Old 02-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #15
habeebit
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 66
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruptur3 View Post
Your account security is your responsibility.

Steam provides a very good security system,but its up to you to protect it.

How did you get hacked by the way?
see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by habeebit View Post
well here is your steam account http://steamcommunity.com/id/Electrosk8r

and here are your accounts on hacking forums not to mention you trying to scam people with a fake terraria download on youtube. Karma is a ******

http://i.imgur.com/GveLE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RUDdB.jpg

also you should know the "someone hacked my account" line never works.

GG no RM
habeebit is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.