Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls IV

Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
LovelessXDGamer

Can i run it?

I know i can easily run morrowind but i want to play oblivion

specs
Intel HD graphics 3000 mobile
Celebron 1.5 duel processor
2 gb ram
wins 7

help.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
ponyboy82

Here are the min requirements: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Sy...m_Requirements
I'm skeptical of your graphics card being up to the task, but I can't say for sure. Oblivion can be a pretty heavy game. That said, there is also Oldblivion (http://www.oldblivion.com/) which is supposed to help it run on lesser systems.

Edit: actually, reading the min requirements page, it says oblivion should be playable on low settings with the Intel GMA X3100 GPUs -- I'm not sure if yours falls under this category.

Last edited by ponyboy82: 02-09-2012 at 08:17 AM.
ponyboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Detnom

Post is a bit old I realize, however you can also just go to the System Requirements Lab which will install a small utility that allows them to scan your hardware, and they will produce a report letting you know if you can run it or not. Very handy site.
Detnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
LovelessXDGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detnom View Post
Post is a bit old I realize, however you can also just go to the System Requirements Lab which will install a small utility that allows them to scan your hardware, and they will produce a report letting you know if you can run it or not. Very handy site.
I know about it, but i don't trust it anymore, it's not all accuate. Like, it said i met the lowest system requirments for CoD 4 and then i got it and it didn't work was getting about 10 fps so i tend to ask ppl on steam now
LovelessXDGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
way2sl0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelessXDGamer View Post
I know about it, but i don't trust it anymore, it's not all accuate. Like, it said i met the lowest system requirments for CoD 4 and then i got it and it didn't work was getting about 10 fps so i tend to ask ppl on steam now
On what settings did you get 10 fps on CoD 4?

The Intel HD 3000 is relatively new and should be able to play both CoD4 and Oblivion easily.

1)go to the start menu
2)search & run msinfo32
3)click components-->display
4)show us what it says in the window
way2sl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
spyrochaete

LovelessXDGamer your computer is about half as powerful as a jack in the box but you should be able to run Oblivion just fine because it's an old game.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls IV