Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 02-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
Shilag

Post Infected Target Practice and Training! (guide)

Hello everyone! I just wanted to take the time to write a short mini-guide on how to practice your infected techniques on dummy bots (rock throwing, smoking, charging, you name it). If a similar topic has already been created I apologize, and I'll take this one down.
1.Type in the following commands at the main menu
- sv_cheats 1
- sb_all_bot_game 1
- vs_max_team_switch 99 (or any number) (optional)

2. type "map map_name versus" to start a versus game. (ex. "map c1m3_mall versus will give you the mall level of Dead Center)

3. After it's done loading, open the console and type:
- sb_stop 1
- director_stop
- nb_delete_all
This will clear out the map of everything and stop the director from spawning CI or SI (sometimes witches and tanks later in the levels will still appear, but if so just type nb_delete_all again to remove them), it'll also stop survivor bots from moving and attacking.

4. Switch over to the infected team by pressing M (default), fly around with the camera and point where you want to spawn, then type "z_spawn <SI>". <SI> being Hunter, Jockey, Spitter, Boomer, Smoker, Charger or Tank.

5. In the console, type "bind X "sb_add;wait;warp_far_survivor_here"" where X is the key of your choice.
After that, just point your crosshairs wherever and press the key, this will revive a survivor if all of them are dead/kicked and otherwise move one of them to the point. You can then reposition yourself however you want and practice away!

I hope someone will find this useful, I know I do!
This can be very helpful learning the trajectories of spitting, rock throwing, vomiting or help you find nice spots to smoke, ride or charge survivors.

Credit to Smear for his very detailed and useful solo versus guide found here. The difference to this is that here everything will be at a complete stand-still, and you'll control where the survivors stand, mainly for testing and practicing.

Last edited by Shilag: 02-13-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Clarifying
Old 02-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #2
POLICEMATRIX

yes good but why would you want rid of tanks and witches ??? surely thats the point of this
POLICEMATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
Shilag

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICEMATRIX View Post
yes good but why would you want rid of tanks and witches ??? surely thats the point of this
This is meant for infected practice, so having an AI witch or tank start messing up your targets isn't very helpful. You can spawn in witches and tanks if you want to practice with them, instead of having them randomly pop up.
Shilag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
FapJak

Banned
Helpful
FapJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
Smear

I think you want This thread.
Smear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
Shilag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smear View Post
I think you want This thread.
Smear, it's similar, and of course I know that thread. But this is a bit different. It doesn't say anything in that thread for getting bots to idly stand precisely where you want them to be, or to revive fallen ones. This is for pure target practice and messing around.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
skverl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilag View Post
I hope someone will find this useful, I know I do!
This can be very helpful learning the trajectories of spitting, rock throwing, vomiting or help you find nice spots to smoke, ride or charge survivors.
Rep, and thanks. I'm too scared to even attempt verses without a bit of SI practise.
skverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
daveyeah

I wanted to have a link to a "solo versus" guide on the information section of the l4d2 subreddit so new players could practice with the SI; I used to have a link to the guide Smear linked to, but this is a bit more straightforward and has the info about idling bots. I'm linking to this thread now, thanks!
daveyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
Smear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilag View Post
Smear, it's similar, and of course I know that thread. But this is a bit different. It doesn't say anything in that thread for getting bots to idly stand precisely where you want them to be, or to revive fallen ones. This is for pure target practice and messing around.
Ahhh! Teach me to post before I read.
Smear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #10
Shilag

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'm happy you found it useful! (:

Daveyeah: Thanks a lot for spreading it, so that new players can find it easier! I really appreciate it!

Oh, and Smear. Credit goes to you for basically everything but step 3 and 5. Step 3 and 5 are the most crucial one, and the one that makes the difference between just solo versus, and target practice.

Last edited by Shilag: 02-13-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: credit
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #11
Shilag

Smear, if you'd want to include the differences to your guide (since it's much more popular and easily found) feel free to do so.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2