Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Oil Rush

Old 02-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
Wendigo

why no topics 0.o ?

First time ive seen a category, where theres only 1 topic as the max.

So I wonder if its because the game is really that bad? Or maybe just 100% bugfree?

Do you think its worth the buy?
Old 02-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Darthyip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendigo View Post
First time ive seen a category, where theres only 1 topic as the max.

So I wonder if its because the game is really that bad? Or maybe just 100% bugfree?

Do you think its worth the buy?
It's really not that bad. I actually enjoy it. I've played some from a friend who has it. I'd get it, but I think the price is too high.

When the game was released the forum link in Steam went to the forums on the developer's site. So I think most people have been using those forums. It took a while for Steam to get this forum up.

As for the game itself, the description of an RTS/Tower Defense hybrid in the Steam store is a little misleading. If you've played Eufloria, that's exactly how this game plays, except with 3D graphics and a Waterworld-esque design. Basically you have maps that have different floating platforms, some give you oil (currency) and some make units. You don't have direct control over units like in a regular RTS. You can only tell them which platforms to go to, in which they'll either attack enemies there, capture the platform or wait around it for new orders. You also don't control production. Units are automatically built up to your unit cap from the platforms you control. You can also build defenses around platforms (hence the "tower defense" part).

It might all sound terrible basic. It is. but it makes for some fun strategic gameplay. Especially multiplayer as you try to outmaneuver your opponent. It's more about strategic thinking than just massing a huge army and rushing. Since that usually won't work. There's little to no micromanagement.

Fun game, but I'd wait for a sale. 25% off would make it a fair price (which it should be at as its regular price). 50% off is a deal. I think Eufloria has a demo. You could try that to get an idea of how this game plays.
Darthyip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
RageMonkey

It's on sale, 30% off from Impulse. Not sure why STEAM isn't matching it, but now's the time to buy from the competitor: http://impulsedriven.com/oilrush?AFF...l_i03012012_16

I'm buying it now from there.
RageMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Austin007

Curious myself. check out gmg. I like this game, it's a simple idea and works very well, tower defense with strategy bits too. Looks pretty too!

Last edited by Austin007: 04-15-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Austin007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
SapientWolf

I picked it up on sale. Still, I feel that it should have launched at that price.
SapientWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Austin007

There's tons of info in the dev forums, if there was a sale I'm sure this one would fill right up too. http://oilrush-game.com/forum/

Last edited by Austin007: 04-26-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Austin007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Oil Rush