Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jagged Alliance Series

Old 02-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #31
J@S0N

I can confirm too, I noticed my medic having a lot of trouble trying to heal people. Seems like something broke in one of the latest patches.

On a side note when you fully zoom in it seems they increased the view distance. Still just give me full 3d camera and let me decide how far I want to see.
J@S0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
dave_

Yeah, I have to stand my wounded guy up now for Fox to heal him, which obviously can't happen if he is unconcious.

Hope they fix that. Otherwise having a blast.
dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #33
RageMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orosian View Post
An issue I've had a few times today (and not before, so it may be to do with a recent patch) is that I go to heal somebody and my medic sometimes just stands there. I have to keep retrying from different angles and it randomly works/does not work. This proved to be fatal when I was trying to resuscitate a team mate who had been taken down to no health. The medic stands next to the target and does nothing. The person he's healing is unable to move, too, as though he's being worked on.
I was just going to post about this.

This to me, is a game breaking bug until fixed.

This isn't only with healing, but also with the fixing weapons. It takes several attempts (30-60) to get a medic to heal or mechanic to fix a weapon.

And by attempt, I don't mean successful "die roll", I mean the actual "roll" itself. The merc just moves to the other merc, acknowledges the command, but doesn't heal or fix. This has only happened since the patch, never before.

And when I just finished healing one merc after about 60 attempts (moving the medic away, then closer, trying to heal another merc first, healing self, etc...all sorts of things), the game crashed...which has not happened to me since the patch.

Last edited by RageMonkey: 02-13-2012 at 04:57 PM.
RageMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #34
Orosian

One other issue I'm having is to do with line of sight. I believe it's been mentioned before that enemies detection of stealthy characters who shouldn't be detectable is a problem. I just wanted to add that I've been laying prone on a rooftop and been spotted by hostiles.

To put this into perspective, it's better than it was before the first patch. Before that came out I couldn't bring myself to buy the game. Once it was patched it was better, and I do get the impression that they're trying to find and fix these issues quickly, and so that's why I am flagging it here. And that's also why I bought the game.
Orosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #35
Teh_Saccade

There's always Farmville.
Teh_Saccade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #36
Dawnstrike

I saw someone posting earlier about having trouble with the road block near alma, yes its an annoying part to get past, i avoided it untill i could recruit Shadow, after i got him i ordered i think its called the m92 here instead of m82 ( the .50 cal sniper ) Now Shadow seems to be made for that rifle, went to the road block with 5 support mercs using m14's, Shadow has a 5 metre window on the roadblock sniper. ( You know the result hehe ) A few of the other sentries will rush towards Shadow but your supporting mercs make easy work of them.

Another problem that people face is the indoor fighting in alma barracks, use mercs who are expert with smg's and 1 or 2 gunslingers ( character trait ) with shotguns and you own indoor fighting, having stun grenades and normal grenades is recommended aswell.

When i did that part i had 6 mercs clearing the indoor of alma barracks while i had a group of 4 outside ( 1 sniper and 3 m14 users ) To prevent the enemy from circling around behind me. Worked a charm.

Happy hunting.
Dawnstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #37
Deemer_UA

Other issues

I agree with prevoius posts about militia, weapons and armors, AI, and i do not want to repeat all of them once again, but what i'd like to add
- guys, where is Stamina? Why the merc or soldir is staing at his legs after getting several bullets into armor, or why is he dying after one/two gunstock kick/s?
The second point is about weapons customizing - why silencer and acog cannot be used at the same time?
And finally - where is my own person creating??? For me it was main parts of JA series in the past and i was waiting to see it again in "reloaded" version.
I spent lot of time in old JAs, but after 6 hours in the new one I understood - nobody can reload the old series with new graphics without changes and unfortunately changes make the game atmosphere worse((
Ps. Now the game looks like a ... I even cant remember that games (m5 7.62 smth like that) which are not a JA, just clones. But anyway Im still waiting for the real JA.
To developers - please take into account all issues from the post to update the game and finalize the JA as it should be

Last edited by Deemer_UA: 02-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Deemer_UA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #38
Harrier2569

not to mention tactical options, why do my guys have to move in a square 2x 2 etc. shape? where is line formation? where is staggered? They take out turn based but I am hitting space so much it becomes paused based combat that is not as effective or as much fun. It's not even slightly jagged alliance.
Harrier2569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #39
Bassick

I've noticed an annoying bug with ladders. Didn't see any post here about it, sorry if it's a repeat. Sometimes when your merc is in the process of heading up/down a ladder and if you line up another order the merc will climb back up/down the ladder and repeat the process again and again. Kinda annoying.
Bassick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #40
PhantomR

I agree that the armor thing does get old, although to be fair that is the way it works in real life once a bullet proof vest takes some hits is useless and must be replaced. I do miss combining items, for the longest time I carried around a bunch of syringes and batteries as I remembered those being valuable in the previous games. I would like the sector inventory and arming the militia is a big pain. I would love to be able to just have them pick things up instead of handing them weapons myself. Combining silencers and scopes would be great but I just use the weapons that are already silenced with a scope to achieve the same effect.
PhantomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:57 AM   #41
Jobson88

Aim time vs enemy AI is VERY frustrating. I've lined up a firing squad, sometime of 3-4 mercs, but hey, and enemy can open a door, walk through the field of fire, start firing without your troops even have squeezed off a shot. WTF? Bring down the aim time and things get a lot better I guess.

Ps: unload weapons and lame militia I can live with, both close combat inside buildings with extremely slow mercs I cannot.
Jobson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #42
Orosian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobson88 View Post
Aim time vs enemy AI is VERY frustrating. I've lined up a firing squad, sometime of 3-4 mercs, but hey, and enemy can open a door, walk through the field of fire, start firing without your troops even have squeezed off a shot. WTF? Bring down the aim time and things get a lot better I guess.

Ps: unload weapons and lame militia I can live with, both close combat inside buildings with extremely slow mercs I cannot.
That frustrated me to begin with. I have since found that things like using melee, keeping note of/boosting agility, removing scopes, positioning, etc. help to give me the edge over the enemy.

I recently discovered that shoes seem to be quieter than boots, so I can run up behind a soldier with my merc and melee him to death with an axe before he can turn around and fight back.

EDIT: It may not be shoes, but it may be high agility and sneak which allows my merc to run quietly.

Last edited by Orosian: 02-22-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Orosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #43
DarkJeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobson88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherett View Post
Basically you need at least 50 feet to safely take out a guy that comes charging straight at you, even though you are crouched, armed, aiming and waiting for him.
I have highlighted the problem. Of the four stances, Crouch is the 2nd most accurate, and the 2nd slowest. Prone is the most accurate, and the slowest.

BiA links accuracy and aim time. Aim time is also dependent on RPM, and if you have an optic on the weapon. (With an optic, you fire faster past a certain distance, and slower within that distance. Regardless of the sight.) Yes, this isn't very intuitive, and it's annoying you can't specify aimed/snap shots like in JA2.

If you have a "firing line" of crouching mercs with 600rpm weapons, they will be slower than an enemy running up with a 650rpm weapon firing from the hip.
DarkJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #44
Treegrasper

Just to keep this alive on the off chance Devs look at it:

1. Badly need to reapair Vests or make the durability much more like helmets and legs.

2. Rooftops; need to default to off once you search buildings, and doors need to stay opened once opened.

3. City supplies; need to replenish more, have more available cash and at least carry more

a. repair kits
b. med kits
c. defuse kits
d. misc gear

4. Grenades; need much better throw mechanics. I spend a lot of time reloading because the merc bounces it off a door jam or ceiling and right back at his feet.

5. Tactical map: could we have ways to order multiple squads a bit better? I can group highlite a squad, but not two at the same time.

6. World map: the redundancy and frequency of attacks on the same spots needs fixing. Likewise, the headlong rush to attack by AI squads must be fixed.

7. AI milita: make them take cover and move towards the attach instead of standing in the open and dying. Also if we are going

8. Looting: STOP the endless supplies of silencers and C4. Need more weapons, grenades, VESTS, and misc supplies.

Think the other points are already well covered above.
Treegrasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #45
TheJrade

Careful about asking for too much Treegrasper, the devs only have so much time to fix stuff.

Personally, I'd just be happy with a strategic inventory system...

The grenades issue is pretty silly though. Few games other than first person shooters do them right. Hmm, perhaps a 'Roll Grenade' toggle to prevent those 'back into your face' bounces?
TheJrade is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jagged Alliance Series