Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 02-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Bisected

Setting up a text editor to compile Papyrus scripts is driving me nuts!

I've been doing the tutorials for the kit on the wiki since it came out and I just got to the Papyrus scripting tutorial. I tried following the instructions for getting Sublime Text. The folder's downloaded and in place and I've made a file saved as a .psc, but it's not highlighting any of the text and when I try to compile I just get an error message that reads "No build system".

What am I doing wrong? I've got both Steam and Sublime Text saved/running from a second hardrive, could that have something to do with it?

Is there another way I can write out papyrus scripts? I doubt I'll need to write any particularly long ones, so I don't mind using the one the Creation Kit brings up for editing them...
Old 02-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
Bisected

Anyone? I've doublechecked that the file path is correct in Papyrus.sublime-build.

Last edited by Bisected: 02-12-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Bisected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
EdwardTivrusky

I used the portable version but that should make no difference. Try this.

Open the folder where you installed Sublime.
Open the "Data" then "Packages" folder.
Copy the "Papyrus" folder from the sublime zip file on the Creation Kit wiki to the "Data\Packages" folder you have open.

Edit the "Data\Packages\Papyrus\Papyrus.sublime-build" file to the correct path to "ScriptCompiler.bat" in your Skyrim Steam folder.

Code:
For me the path is: "E:\Sasahara\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\"
* That is where you got to i think *

Open "ScriptCompiler.bat" in the "Papyrus Compiler" folder. You will see that the path to the Papyrus compiler may be wrong. Change it to point to your folder.

You will also need to change the input and output folder paths to match your project or the compiler will complain and exit when you run it.

Run Sublime and create or open a .psc file. I used the hello world example from the CK wiki. It should be nicely coloured with syntax highlighting. Press F7. Sublime will find the compiler bat file and that can now call the compiler.

Hope this helps.
EdwardTivrusky is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V