Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gotham City Impostors

Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Mr.Tin

"Permanent" 50% XP Boost?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/21200/
Says permanent.

Yet in game it says it lasts for an hour for the same price.
Which is it for sake?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
ShadowDragon868

Bought through Steam, it's permanent.

They may or may not fix it, but for now, it's permanent. So enjoy it while it lasts and buy it through Steam.

Hopefully, they'll decide to grandfather us in, or leave it permanent as a Steam perk.
ShadowDragon868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
Mr.Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon868 View Post
Bought through Steam, it's permanent.

They may or may not fix it, but for now, it's permanent. So enjoy it while it lasts and buy it through Steam.

Hopefully, they'll decide to grandfather us in, or leave it permanent as a Steam perk.
Thanks
Mr.Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
-B.A.Frayd-

Already been confirmed by the Dev's - it's permanent on the PC.
-B.A.Frayd- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
Fluttershy <3

so this boost working every day, but only for 1 hour per day right?
Fluttershy <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
ShadowDragon868

Actually, it seems to be constant.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Skaarj314

Monolith Productions
Sorry I've been so absent on these forums lately! The forums on the Impostors site have been insanely busy, and sadly time just hasn't allowed me the opportunity to catch up out here.

The XP Boost on the PC (both team and individual) is permanent. Also, if you end up getting both, the UI will only say that the team one is on, but you'll be under the effects of the personal one while your team will get the team one.
Skaarj314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #8
ShadowDragon868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarj314 View Post
Sorry I've been so absent on these forums lately! The forums on the Impostors site have been insanely busy, and sadly time just hasn't allowed me the opportunity to catch up out here.

The XP Boost on the PC (both team and individual) is permanent. Also, if you end up getting both, the UI will only say that the team one is on, but you'll be under the effects of the personal one while your team will get the team one.
Is it going to stay that way, Skaarj? Also, do the XP boosts stack - IE, if you get both the Personal and Team boost going, do you get +75% match XP, or just the +50% from your Personal boost?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Kliz

Hey Skaarj, is there any preview to solve the problems of invalid code from the ones who bought on steam? Cause i just cant register on WBI, so i cant post it there.
Kliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
Skaarj314

Monolith Productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon868 View Post
Is it going to stay that way, Skaarj? Also, do the XP boosts stack - IE, if you get both the Personal and Team boost going, do you get +75% match XP, or just the +50% from your Personal boost?
The XP boosts won't stack. So, if you have both the personal and team boosts on, you'll only be under the effect of the personal one, and your team will get the team one.

And yep! They're going to stay that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliz View Post
Hey Skaarj, is there any preview to solve the problems of invalid code from the ones who bought on steam? Cause i just cant register on WBI, so i cant post it there.
Sadly, I don't have a ton of visibility on that. Have you tried getting in contact with our customer service? While I don't have access to the information that could help you, there's a good chance that they will!
Skaarj314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
Mr.Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarj314 View Post
The XP boosts won't stack. So, if you have both the personal and team boosts on, you'll only be under the effect of the personal one, and your team will get the team one.

And yep! They're going to stay that way.

Sadly, I don't have a ton of visibility on that. Have you tried getting in contact with our customer service? While I don't have access to the information that could help you, there's a good chance that they will!
Question... Do I have to activate the 50% XP boost after I buy it on Steam or does it automagically activate? XD
Old 02-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
cjhatesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tin View Post
Question... Do I have to activate the 50% XP boost after I buy it on Steam or does it automagically activate? XD
Yes just follow the notice on the steam store page(I also pasted it below):

Notice: To activate the downloadable content after your purchase, launch Gotham City Imposters and copy the Product Code from the Steam overlay into your clipboard. Once the game launches and the Gamertag sign-in process completes, press the Home key to bring up the Games for Windows Live overlay. Click Gamertag, select Redeem Code, and paste in the Product Code to initiate the download process. Alternatively, Product Code for the downloadable content may be redeemed from a web browser at https://live.xbox.com/RedeemToken.
cjhatesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Mr.Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhatesu View Post
Yes just follow the notice on the steam store page(I also pasted it below):

Notice: To activate the downloadable content after your purchase, launch Gotham City Imposters and copy the Product Code from the Steam overlay into your clipboard. Once the game launches and the Gamertag sign-in process completes, press the Home key to bring up the Games for Windows Live overlay. Click Gamertag, select Redeem Code, and paste in the Product Code to initiate the download process. Alternatively, Product Code for the downloadable content may be redeemed from a web browser at https://live.xbox.com/RedeemToken.
Thanks cap'n!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
dignitas.Xeon

I play this game and I purchased the Solo XP Boost DLC (in-game, in the Black Market).

I can confirm that it is permanent. After hours of gameplay it is still persistent on my HUD.
dignitas.Xeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #15
kimaasen1984

I just purchased the solo xp boost x 2 as well after reading this topic.

One for me, and one for my brother :-)
kimaasen1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gotham City Impostors