Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series

Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
KazzyMac

Obvious Question needs Obvious Answer -le sigh-

Right.

I'll cut the crap. I've uninstalled FlatOut 3, and I want my money back (or at least some store credit). What's the best way of going about this?

Bear in mind I'm a noob at navigating websites so hence why I ask this rather obvious question.

In slightly related topic: I'm sorry, Team6, but my patience with the development of the game has run out. It's been a good whilst since it was released and it hasn't really lived up to expectations. I gave it the benefit of a doubt but I've still yet to be impressed by the game in any way other than the ridiculous draw distance of grass.

Peace, guys. Hopefully some of you pick up Ridge Racer Unbounded (will probably spend the store credit on that if it gets a Steam release as anticipated) and if so I might see you there.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
ElfShotTheFood

You'll have to contact Steam support: https://support.steampowered.com/

Explain why you're looking for a store credit and they might give it you, but there's no guarantee that you'll get it.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Nik!

If only I hadn't played 14 hours already I would've already asked for a refund.

Do you guys think I should bother?
Nik! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Haggis&Tatties

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
Right.

I'll cut the crap. I've uninstalled FlatOut 3, and I want my money back (or at least some store credit). What's the best way of going about this?

Bear in mind I'm a noob at navigating websites so hence why I ask this rather obvious question.

In slightly related topic: I'm sorry, Team6, but my patience with the development of the game has run out. It's been a good whilst since it was released and it hasn't really lived up to expectations. I gave it the benefit of a doubt but I've still yet to be impressed by the game in any way other than the ridiculous draw distance of grass.

Peace, guys. Hopefully some of you pick up Ridge Racer Unbounded (will probably spend the store credit on that if it gets a Steam release as anticipated) and if so I might see you there.
You can open a ticket to steam about the game being broken and state you want a refund........it may work, and it may not.....my attempt ended in a fail with steam basically claiming it was a third party issue.....emails sent to the publisher went unanswered.

But its still worth giving a go....you never know.
Haggis&Tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
ivoyared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik! View Post
If only I hadn't played 14 hours already I would've already asked for a refund.

Do you guys think I should bother?
How could you handle this?
ivoyared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
KazzyMac

Thanks guys. I'll send Steam Support some mail tomorrow.

And seriously. Peeps need to search for RR:U gameplay footage on Youtube. Maybe it's not Ridge Racer, maybe it's more an amalgamation of Burnout and Split/Second ... all I know is the game's already got my money.
KazzyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #7
syborfical

I never got my money back apparently is a game is a steaming pile of crap you wont get a refund.

I do have to give steam / valve some credit they did respond to my email.

I have sent team 6 several emails with no response.
I will never buy nor recommend anyone buy a team 6 game who is with me?
syborfical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #8
KazzyMac

Nah, they actually gave me a refund with store credit. To be fair, biggest waste of £23 ... I'm going to save that and put it towards something else, like maybe FO:UC (even though I already have it on xbox) or RR:U.
KazzyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
syborfical

I was going to post a link to a peice of crap and say its the demo but I can't get the link to work.

Last edited by syborfical: 02-20-2012 at 10:59 PM.
syborfical is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series