Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II

Old 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Lurpsukka

Can't play as Finnish (Pagans)

I was very excited to start my journey as a pagan Finnish tribesman but unfortunately you can't play as any pagan

Is this going to be playable in a future DLC?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
ititj

As for an official DLC, idk, but I would follow the paradox forums and see if anyone makes a mod that allows you to do so.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...sader-Kings-II

more specifically the user mod forum (which has no posts right now cause the game just came out :P) http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Modifications
ititj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
Baleur

So far no luck. I hate this too.
Baleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Zorlond

I was kinda surprised that the game blocks the player from playing as Pagans or Muslims... Europa Universalis is so extremely open on that score.
Zorlond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
BenWah

You can convert from Christian to pagan or muslim and keep playing, right?

I know people have converted to Bogomilism, a kind of off-brand Christianity.

Perhaps the solution is to tweak the game files so the country shows up as a Christian one that had newly converted to pagan, instead of pagan from the start.
BenWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
Tekkor

This has been covered many times over on the offical forums so be careful going over there and making a post a about it as you will get flamed for not doing a search.

To explain as far as I know....the Devs very early on made it clear that playing as the pagans/muslims would not be part of initial launch but would be a part of a later DLC.

The reasoning was the amount of work that would need to be put into reworking all the event dialogs and such. Currently all the events that pop up are geared and slanted towards christian nations etc.

So they had 2 ways to do it...either let you play the Muslims and then people complain about Christian flavored events happening to you (which of course some people would have went major drama queen over some of that)....or to make them unplayable and expand with DLC later. They took the later choice.
Tekkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Zulfiqar

I can imagine the marriage arrangements and family trees would get pretty complicated with pagans and Muslims allowing harems of wives.
Zulfiqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #8
Kensington

I actually got my kingdom turned into a caliphate. If you can persuade a muslim princess to marry your leader and produce heirs. You have a chance of them being the mothers religion. Its an odd setup if you can make it happen. But hilarious. haven't tried it on pagans yet. But can't see why it wont work for them either.
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #9
Baleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
You can convert from Christian to pagan or muslim and keep playing, right?

I know people have converted to Bogomilism, a kind of off-brand Christianity.

Perhaps the solution is to tweak the game files so the country shows up as a Christian one that had newly converted to pagan, instead of pagan from the start.
That's not really the point..
The reason I want to play as a muslim or pagan character is for the territory, the kingdoms. Something different from the same old german, french, scandinavian, italian and english provinces.

Sure i can play as an english king and convert to muslim, but i'd still have the english territory.. I don't think most of us care so much about a simple text entry saying Christian or Muslim.
It's the starting territory that matters

For instance i really want to play as in egypt and grow my dynasty from there, maybe pretend to form a new pharaoh'ish family line. Or something similar in the east in the seljuk territories or way up north in russia.
We can't. Thats why we are upset. Not because of specific religions.
Baleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #10
Zorlond

Me, I'm more annoyed that they're planning to release the Muslim play as DLC, a term which typically means "pay us more for stuff that should've been in the game already".
Zorlond is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II