Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark

Old 02-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
GotinDrachenhar

DCS A-10 not loading missions

Ok, so after two weeks of trying on their official forums for an answer I figure I'll ask around here.

The problem I'm having is that the game hangs when I go to load a mission. The progress bar at the bottom zips through several things, with ground objects being the last one I see, then I get a blank progress bar that gets to about 3/4 complete and just sits there. I've read that you just need to give it time....but after waiting for thirty (that's, 30), minutes I figure enough is enough.

It does this for the training missions (of course, the ones I need!), and the single player game. It also does this for all but ONE of the instant action missions. I have NOT tried loading up any MP yet because, well, I need a lot of practice before I won't be a total noob online

Quick system specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ stock 3.2GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: nVidia GTX260 by EVGA
HOTAS: Saitek X45 (if it matters)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
EtherealN

Sounds like it fails loading some resource for whatever reason. Do you happen to have a link to the thread at the ED boards so I can check what has been tried so far?

I would probably suggest starting off by disconnecting all peripherals, setting it on lowest settings and trying - as a start. But knowing what has been tried so far would be useful.
EtherealN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
GotinDrachenhar

That's just it....the ED boards have turned up a fat goose egg. NOBODY replied to several posts I put up there and several bumps for each. I was hoping it was a known issue of some sort.
GotinDrachenhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
EtherealN

Still, please link me. Makes it easier for me.
EtherealN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark