Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Old 02-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #31
cereal3

I really can't tell if people are trolling or not here. VAC is working, people are being banned. It doesn't come into effect instantly and when it does, not all hackers will be removed because there are now newer cheats. VAC holds back so it can catch the most cheaters possible, and it works.

If PB detects a cheat, it bans for it, now the cheat creator can tell people not to use the cheat and they will avoid being banned, so more cheats can be made to circumvent detection until they are detected again.

VAC relies on admins to kick the cheaters to stop them ruining your games. It then catches the most cheaters possible by mass banning and catching the cheaters off guard some time later, so the maximum amount of cheaters get banned.
cereal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #32
Misguided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Shivan View Post
Let me re-iterate too.

How do you know VAC does not detect those cheats?
Because the cheats are still being used by said cheaters. Some of them are there to blatantly advertise their cheats.
Misguided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #33
Tito Shivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Because the cheats are still being used by said cheaters. Some of them are there to blatantly advertise their cheats.
And where does it say VAC has to prevent people from actually using those cheats?
Tito Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #34
Misguided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Shivan View Post
And where does it say VAC has to prevent people from actually using those cheats?
Speechless. Ya I guess you got me there. Perhaps Valve doesn't want to stop aimbotters and wall-hackers.
Misguided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #35
warats

MW3 will go the same way as MW2 it runs the same game engine, no problem for a hacker to carry over the codes,another good game down the gurgler.
warats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #36
Tito Shivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Speechless. Ya I guess you got me there. Perhaps Valve doesn't want to stop aimbotters and wall-hackers.
VAC is a punitive system. As that, it does it job. Doesn't prevent you from cheating, but once you are waist deep in cheats, it locks you out of the game.

That's why so little people complain about unfair bans.

The problem is that VAC doesn't include any policy measures. That's why it's meant to work with active admins. You can cheat a program, but a human admin will kick you ruthlessly.
And it's better getting a false positive from a admin than getting it from VAC.

I know from own experience how unnerving is trying to play in a cheater-ridden game. But going around in.circles about the anti-cheat system leads us nowhere.
VAC has proven to be a inadequate system to stop cheaters? Let's ask Activision to change it or take some sort of action. Let's not discuss about the success of implementing VAC on this enviroment.

Let's ask the game makers to take care about their game.
A thing i'm afraid won't happen, Activision/IW haven't jumped into the issue (As EA/Dice did recently about the BF3 Punkbuster Bans) maybe because they are too busy making MW4 as to give half a crap about this game.
Tito Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #37
NabsterHax

I think the general conclusion is: VAC doesn't work in this environment because everyone knows they won't get any punishment for cheating.

The blame for having an unplayable game, however, should not be put solely on VAC. I'm fairly sure that most people would agree that cheating wouldn't be a problem if there were human admins on servers. And we can see this in action in Valve games. So, as VAC is so "clearly inadequate", it's up to the game developer to get a better solution. Perhaps next time they will use punkbuster, and people will be complaining about getting banned for using the steam overlay.

Nothing will be perfect, but if a proper admin system was in place, then it would be a hell of a lot better than it is now.
NabsterHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #38
scotty67159

cheats and hackers in game

ok i bet you at these forums are cheesed off with this post like many others , i dont care about other people who have complained , i am complaining now , just finished a game in mw 3 this guy was killing from other side of map and you could not kill him , i have reported him like many others but steam has done nothing about it , were is the anti cheat update for mw2 that was promised last year still for waiting on this so called anti cheat update or does steam not care as they have probably had their cash from activison and not care what people pay to play games online with the gaming system been cheated
scotty67159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #39
Ceron

Protip: you'll never have to play with a hacker in Mordern Warfare 3 if you stop playing Modern Warfare 3.
Ceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #40
Freyar

It's not Steam/VAC's fault that Activision continually misuses VAC's design.
Freyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #41
scotty67159

i paid £40 for this game as it was supposed to be better than mw2 i think this was false advertisement on activision part but steam must stand up and be counted for its actions that it has not taken to rid cheats and hackers
Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #42
Mozzarella!

A known hacker/hack writer who boasts on his profile

Okay, this is getting out of hand. I was playing MW3 and an aimbotter joined. I was the only one who talked to him but wasn't raging and telling him to "suck his dad's-"... Well you know. He added me on Steam, I went to his profile and saw that he BRAGS about writing undetectable hacks. He has bans on record. I reported him, but I hardly think that makes a difference. How can we get this guy permanently banned?
Mozzarella! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #43
scotty67159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
It's not Steam/VAC's fault that Activision continually misuses VAC's design.
so steam and activision did not confer regarding this subject and the lag is terrible aswell so this is not steams fault i think it is then steam goes down for maintenace atleast 2 times a week and guess what you can not even play single player why ? steam run both multiplayer and single player modes
Old 02-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #44
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzarella! View Post
How can we get this guy permanently banned?
"Contacting Steam Support to report cheaters is not necessary, nor will Steam Support act on any information provided."

If they cheat on a VAC supported server VAC will autoban in time.

Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC)
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7849-RADZ-6869

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #45
scotty67159

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippleD View Post
"Contacting Steam Support to report cheaters is not necessary, nor will Steam Support act on any information provided."

If they cheat on a VAC supported server VAC will autoban in time.

Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC)
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7849-RADZ-6869
i did not post this to report cheats or hackers in game i simply want and answer to my post what is steam doing to catch people who cheat in game as there is a window in game to report cheaters

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion