Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders

Old 02-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Kiruvi

Save corrupted?

I was playing along quite happily, and had just reached the Ashlands when suddenly my screen turned all black and flickery, and I couldn't control anything on screen. I was able to alt-tab out and close the program; however now when I try to load my save the game crashes. I have verified files (all files verified successfully) and restarted Steam. Since it only crashes when I try to load the most recent save (my next-most recent is 3 hours and change back...), I suspect the save file somehow managed to get corrupted by the earlier crashiness. So, my question is, does Darksiders store saves on the cloud, and is there a way to force it to retrieve a non-crapped-on version of the save from the cloud to replace the one I have? Or am I just gonna have to suck it up and redo the last three hours again? Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Kiruvi

Argh... guess it's kind of a moot point now... Just loaded the previous save to make sure the problem was with the save file and not the client; turns out it was the save file, because the older manual save did load properly, and then autosave promptly saved on top of the newer file. So. Argh. Guess I'll go play Skyrim till I feel like retreading all of that progress...
Kiruvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
Solon25

Man, you have 9 saveslots... And it's only 1 MB place on hdd.. I have saves before all bosses (on apocalyptic), but i think my german saves didn't work with your english version.
Solon25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders