Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 02-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
bannoura

cant prone here and Anti-blocking

anyone else seems to be bothered by these? might not be a big issue for some, but for me, it ruins the experience.

If you are close to a wall, even if facing the right direction, you can't prone. If you are in a hole or to close to an edge , you can't prone....etc ....i can go on and on but basically there are only a few places to prone, and getting killed become easier and more frustrating. What is being done about this?

also....Anti-blocking takes the realism outta the game, I understand that some people are morons and end up blocking doors and windows, but wouldn't it make more sense to have a feature where you can shove someone outta the way? to me, it makes more sense then going through someone like a ghost. Maybe when we have bigger maps? I don't know but those 2 things seem to bother me and i have to get them off my chest.

Thx for reading
Old 02-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
panzerlied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannoura View Post
anyone else seems to be bothered by these? might not be a big issue for some, but for me, it ruins the experience.

If you are close to a wall, even if facing the right direction, you can't prone. If you are in a hole or to close to an edge , you can't prone....etc ....i can go on and on but basically there are only a few places to prone, and getting killed become easier and more frustrating. What is being done about this?

also....Anti-blocking takes the realism outta the game, I understand that some people are morons and end up blocking doors and windows, but wouldn't it make more sense to have a feature where you can shove someone outta the way? to me, it makes more sense then going through someone like a ghost. Maybe when we have bigger maps? I don't know but those 2 things seem to bother me and i have to get them off my chest.

Thx for reading
Not sure if you've played RO1, but people blocking doors was a big deal. Then to make matters worse, because of blocking, you'd always have that one guy throwing a nade to teamkill 4-5 people. The ghosting was designed to prevent this. It bothers me too, but its better than getting fragged by impatient toddlers.
panzerlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
Schnurx

What Panzerlied said. And it was even worse than that.
At one Map "Odessa" it was, I think, it was possible for some *****holes to block all spawn exits. Being under Spawn protection, it wasn't possible to remove them at all. And since "kick voting" is a rather hard to grasp concept for some guys...
Schnurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Snuffalupagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurx View Post
What Panzerlied said. And it was even worse than that.
At one Map "Odessa" it was, I think, it was possible for some *****holes to block all spawn exits. Being under Spawn protection, it wasn't possible to remove them at all. And since "kick voting" is a rather hard to grasp concept for some guys...
Oh man what a nightmare. I find it funny when people get all upset about the (lack of) player collision. These people must have never played RO or KF..

Next, people will be asking for weld-able doors in RO2, allowing one toolbox to lock his entire team into a nice small room..
Snuffalupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
panzerlied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffalupagus View Post
Oh man what a nightmare. I find it funny when people get all upset about the (lack of) player collision. These people must have never played RO or KF..

Next, people will be asking for weld-able doors in RO2, allowing one toolbox to lock his entire team into a nice small room..
LMAO, my luck I get welded into a room, with a claustrophobic guy using the PPSH.
panzerlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
Praxius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannoura View Post

This has been an issue for a few people since the Beta.... I never had much of an issue myself and don't encounter this often.

For me now, I usually make sure I'm away from any walls before I go prone, then I go prone and hug into the wall if I need to. Usually the warning that I can't prone here pops up, buy I quickly move forward or left/right and then prone.... only takes a second.

The "Can't Prone Here" system was brought in because in RO1, a lot of people would hide into a corner and go to prone which would then end up with half their body being stuck through the wall.... which not only gave you half a target to shoot at, but on the flip side, exposes their legs on the other side of the wall and are possible to shoot.

Some have mentioned that a solution for those who hate this, would be to fix up the system so that if you're too close to an object to properly prone, they system would just prone you forward from where you're standing..... it made sense to me at first, but then I thought that if that system existed, a lot of people would end up just as dead.

For example, if I was behind a crate for cover and decided to go prone, if I had no space behind me to prone, the system would lunge me forward so I can prone, thus pushing me out from the crate and being pretty exposed for an easy kill.

Then we'd have a bunch of people complaining about that.

Quote:

Thx for reading
No prob.... I think the shoving idea was brought up a while ago too.... I don't have an issue with that idea, except that you'd have to figure out what key would be bound to that additional command (not that big of a deal).... and then there's the possibility of people abusing the feature.

Example: There's an idiot on my team out to make everybody's life miserable in-game.... I'm taking cover from an MG shooting in my direction. I pop out when he reloads and take aim.... then this clown comes along and at the wrong time, shoves me for the hell of it, pushing me out from my cover and losing my targeting..... now I'm completely exposed and mowed down by the MG.

^ No TK on his part, thus no punishment...

As others mentioned in here, people blocking doorways and entrances was an issue in RO1.... it's a huge issue in Killing Floor when you need to get to the trader in a set amount of time and a couple of idiots block the doorways so nobody can get armor, ammo, or weapons..... and there's no friendly fire so you can't just kill them and solve the problem.

You can FF in RO2, but then those TK's count on you and if they persist, you can end up banned from the server due to too many tk's.
Praxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #7
DMasterST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxius View Post
For example, if I was behind a crate for cover and decided to go prone, if I had no space behind me to prone, the system would lunge me forward so I can prone, thus pushing me out from the crate and being pretty exposed for an easy kill.
If crate is that small that it can't fully obscure the body from the enemy, that woudn't be the game to blame for Adjusting Prone System

Quote:
^ No TK on his part, thus no punishment...
Just make it similar to injuring teammate, if the shoved player gets killed in seconds
DMasterST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
pierrick6767

i totally agree with you for the prone system.it s a peace of crap,very frustrating,you have to be exactly in the middle of a trench to be able to prone thanks the gods you can turn around in it ,the cover system even worse.you get stuck doing it ,you try to pick a gun next to a wall it doesn t want to take it instead he takes cover.actually my soldier sometime pick up a gun just because you pass over it,but i don t want that gun often you just want to aim,you right click,and you are taking cover unstead of aiming because your are at a windown or next to a wall.the machine gun deployment is as well not great so many places you can t deploy when you should be able to,many wood boxes you can see them everywhere doesn t allow you to deploy your gun(some does)
,windows are a nightmare,pretty bad,i like the fact you can t get stuck at door like it use to be in ro 1 ,it was awfull ,i saw people killing the bloker because he wasn t moving fast enough,so now we can t bloke each other anymore,that a releaf,and what about the respawn system not great either each time you have to click where you want to go and after click ready that not good at all we just should have to click where we want to go but not that stupid are you ready button,you often respawn exactly where you didn t want to respawn. i choose n 1 and i m at numb 2,and finally the very unrealistic protected area system,that the most stupid thing of the game.hopefully the mods will fix some of thoses things ,but i don t think tripwire will do anything about those issues,but don t get me wrong i really really love the game brilliant graphics,amazing sound,can t wait to see more maps and vehicules.don t think i will get the extention so unless it s free,it should be in compensation of the lies and crashes,we had to suffer for months
pierrick6767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
DMasterST

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrick6767 View Post
*snip*
Agh, me eyes hurt
DMasterST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #10
pierrick6767

what do you mean dickmaster?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #11
bannoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrick6767 View Post
what do you mean dickmaster?
he is saying that you need to space out your paragraph, instead of having one long paragraph that is almost impossible to read without getting blind, have 4 paragraphs so they are easy to read
bannoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #12
Mike Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerlied View Post
Not sure if you've played RO1, but people blocking doors was a big deal. Then to make matters worse, because of blocking, you'd always have that one guy throwing a nade to teamkill 4-5 people. The ghosting was designed to prevent this. It bothers me too, but its better than getting fragged by impatient toddlers.
^^^^ THIS.....
Mike Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #13
pierrick6767

you must have problems reading books,and by the way i m not a english speaker,if dickmaster was that s smart,he would have guess,because i can tell you he couldn t spell his name in my language.i actually think he is not good for the game and in this forum,always teasing people who try to help or saying the truth.what the point to have a forum so.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #14
Schnurx

No problem there.
But writing in a forum without any spaces, paragraphs etc. is really a bit like talking very fast in a very monotonous voice without any pronounciation.
You may be right and have a point, but no one will listen to you.
Schnurx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad