Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dear Esther

Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Alixey

Dear Esther Translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_myll View Post
Can Valve add Dear Esther for translation up to http://translation.steampowered.com/

The games seems good so far but it really use some uncommon English worlds so its a bit difficult to understand.

Maybe the makers can give couple of copies to the translators and make the translation without extra costs.
This was the original thread in the steam general discussion. Valve should add the files into the STS so the translators can translate the game in a few days.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
KainKlarden

We're almost at the testing phase for the translations, actually, what's this topic about?
Also, the game took much longer to translate than a "few days" i can tell you that, heh

Last edited by KainKlarden: 02-15-2012 at 02:03 PM.
KainKlarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
ApeSpecter

Game is already being translated by the community, for some licensing reasons, they cant put player made content into the game. So the devs will release a community patch including some languages soon on their website. Keep checking the official website..

If you are not good at understanding English, please wait until the patch is out.

Last edited by ApeSpecter: 02-15-2012 at 02:04 PM.
ApeSpecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
freakintiger

Yep, I already managed to translate it in German. But it's necessary to test it before it goes live. Patience
freakintiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Piglet ^('o')^

Polish language please also, my english is not perfect and I have lost much of the game constantly alt-tabing to dictionary
Piglet ^('o')^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
cool_myll

How do you translate it? Can it be put in STS in collaboration with Valve? I am looking for a greek translation.
cool_myll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
Origo.

From the dear esther official website :

Q. Which languages will be available for the subtitles?

A. This is something we will announce formally in March. We had lots of offers as a mod (about 12 languages) but it’s only fair to let those people decide whether or not they still want to contribute to an indie. We have confirmations on French, German, Dutch, Afrikaans, Russian and Ukrainian so far, and of course, there will also be English subtitles!

------------

Q. Dear Esther is known for diversity in writing, richness in language, how will you assure the translations will have the same quality and richness?

A. Localisation will be done by the community for various complicated legal reasons – so we won’t be able to vouch directly for the quality of the translations in many cases. However, we do hope that this will be something the community will work through, and it will be an active, collaborative thing. The current plan is to have a ‘Translation Pack’ and ‘Community Language Pack’ ready a week or two after launch- The ‘Translation pack’ will have everything needed for the community to start doing more translations and the ‘Community Language Pack’ will contain all of the community translations we have received so far. It will basically be a crowd-sourced ongoing thing, driven by the community and hosted here on the website. Right now we’re good for translators, but keep you’re eye out post-release to find out how you can contribute to the translation effort!
Origo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #8
KainKlarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_myll View Post
How do you translate it? Can it be put in STS in collaboration with Valve? I am looking for a greek translation.
contact Dan (game designer) and ask him about it. better on mail, not on twitter. i think, you can find it on thechineseroom website. at least, you could.

Also, for those interested in helping with translation in those languages, which are already ready (you can find the list on DE site somewhere -_-), there will be pinned topics in this very forum for each language translated, where you will be able to leave your suggestions about the translation and make it better. So, yeah, you can still help a lot later.

P.S. There's supposed to be ukrainian translation, i'm planning to do it, but being "sovietborn" (sovietborn, sovietborn-- sorry) i'm having some problems with it, so it would be nice to have help with it.

Edit: Oh, as Origo. pointed out, info is already on the website, kinda missed that.
KainKlarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
cool_myll

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2544671

As posted here.

Also i am in the greek sts translation team but it seems too difficult to translate this game. If they add it though i ll try it with the other members
cool_myll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
MightyMontezuma

Per gli utenti italiani che cercano una buona traduzione:
Potete scaricare la mia rivisitazione della traduzione italiana originale. Ho reso il testo piů scorrevole e comprensibile.

Dear Esther, patch italiano: http://www.mediafire.com/?pbwxadc72rkm8cz

Fatemi sapere cosa ne pensate
MightyMontezuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dear Esther