Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #31
Atomic Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericson666 View Post
Not only is this a five year old game, but one of the biggest points of Source is scaleability. It can run on anything from an Xbox to a sooper1337 rig
Exactly.
One of the factors that make TF2 so sucesseful is its engine's scalability.
You can choose to run even on DX7, or going all the way to DX 9.5.

Do you think nations like Russia, or even Asian countries, have gamers with super high end computers?

Also, thanks for the support, Lynx. I also dont crash, unlike people here with 8 GB RAM lol
Atomic Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #32
Matt6767

Throw out your damn toaster already.
Matt6767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #33
mariofan38

Isn't the point of this thread that: Valve should make sure their features that are in beta work for everyone before forcing everyone to use it? Why release it now when it could just stay in its niche?
mariofan38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #34
Matt6767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericson666 View Post
Sighsighsighsighsigh
Hey, this isn't the only problem hes going to have with his computer in the coming years.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #35
horzineplumpud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippyfist View Post
lol.
The winner of the WCG2011 who got voted player of the year on hltv.org plays with 640x480. Poor guy must be playing on a toaster obviously !
horzineplumpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #36
MontesquieuTMTC

Banned
Quote:
"I play a game on a toaster and there for have to use an incredibly ty resolution. VALVe, you are a for not making everything toaster friendly"

People like you are why we are still on DX9.
As someone who never owned a computer and never had enough money, I would kindly ask you to die.

Not everyone's parents are rich enough to buy them a computer that can run TF2, and not everyone is lucky enough to have a job.

We should be the ones ing about the game getting harder and harder to run, but we stay modest while you keep acting like dumbfound libertarians (just reread what you wrote, it's mind-boggingly stupid)

You want us to keep up to date with expensive computers? Well then, buy it.
MontesquieuTMTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #37
Atomic Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt6767 View Post
Throw out your damn toaster already.
Yea, because I will TOTALLY trade my old computer that, while its old, it works perfectly well! Right? RIGHT???

People like you and your stupid logic are the reason the world is in the state we can currently see.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #38
RomeoJGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontesquieuTMTC View Post
As someone who never owned a computer and never had enough money, I would kindly ask you to die.

Not everyone's parents are rich enough to buy them a computer that can run TF2, and not everyone is lucky enough to have a job.

We should be the ones ing about the game getting harder and harder to run, but we stay modest while you keep acting like dumbfound libertarians (just reread what you wrote, it's mind-boggingly stupid)

Lol wut, having a job isn't about luck... its having skills that companies desire, and networking...

And Furthermore what you wish to do in your free time is your choice but to suggest that everything be custom tailored to you because you have no job or money is redonkulous. There are plenty of low-cost activities one can do with their time. Go to public parks, jog, exercise, camp out at parks and protest the 1%. are all things poor and hatless can do and not need to spend money
RomeoJGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #39
Never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontesquieuTMTC View Post

You're what is wrong with society.

MY PARENTS NEVER BOUGHT ME THIS, I CANT GET A JOB (mow a lawn, fast food, movie theatre, 1-900 sex operator, pick up shingles at a construction site, pull weeds, MOW A LAWN)SO YOU NEED TO SUPPORT ME. Unless you are physically disableded where you cannot do one of these slack jobs then you do not deserve a computer that uses said body parts to play games.
Never! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #40
Evilgoodone

Banned
Quote:
Programmers / Coders shouldn't have to worry about people with hardware that's at least 5 years outdated. It's probably more than that to, I got a cheap ($400) computer 3 years ago, and it ran tf2 at 1024x780 all the way up to the engi update, with the onboard graphics card.

We aren't still trying to help people on Windows 98 are we?

People need to understand that computers are moving forward. You WILL get left behind.
Wrong man, wrong. I mean, of course you should move forward but you should also support old technology as long as possible. With websites maximizing number of supported browsers, resolutions and OS is mandatory for me. I dunno how its done in videogames, but, i dont think scaling trade window to look nice in all popular resolutions is such a problem.
Evilgoodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #41
Atomic Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoJGuy View Post
Lol wut, having a job isn't about luck... its having skills that companies desire, and networking...

And Furthermore what you wish to do in your free time is your choice but to suggest that everything be custom tailored to you because you have no job or money is redonkulous. There are plenty of low-cost activities one can do with their time. Go to public parks, jog, exercise, camp out at parks and protest the 1%. are all things poor and hatless can do and not need to spend money
YOURE POOR, THEREFORE, YOU SHOULDNT PLAY GAMES!

I...I...

I...
Old 02-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #42
Cheeser

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by horzineplumpud View Post
The winner of the WCG2011 who got voted player of the year on hltv.org plays with 640x480. Poor guy must be playing on a toaster obviously !
Yup not everyone has the money my family barely managed to get the current pc that i have and its horrible.
Cheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #43
Never!

IM POOR SO IM GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A RESOURCE HOGGING GAME THAT WONT WORK ON MY POOR MACHINE.
Never! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #44
Matt6767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Bang View Post
Yea, because I will TOTALLY trade my old computer that, while its old, it works perfectly well! Right? RIGHT???

People like you and your stupid logic are the reason the world is in the state we can currently see.
I own and still use all my old computers that with my oldest one being from 95. However if im going to enjoy my games I wont be an idiot and demand that game companies adapt to me. I accept that my computer is old and upgrade it, if I cant upgrade it then I suck it up and live with it.

Luckily for me, my 5 year old dell which i'm sure goes for less than $200 now can still run TF2 above 800x600.

Last edited by Matt6767: 02-15-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #45
Atomic Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never! View Post
IM POOR SO IM GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A RESOURCE HOGGING GAME THAT WONT WORK ON MY POOR MACHINE.
I HAVE A GOOD PC, so, as the current slow comprehension being that I am, Im going to just give the middle finger to the other people that dont have the same possibilities as me.

You wouldnt last long in some countries, mate.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2