Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Duke Nukem Forever

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
piliwili
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 110
Unhappy Gearbox doesn't help me so plz help me!

I've contacted Gearbox about the issue when pressing start on the 360 gamepad, Duke Nukem keeps looking up and i need te ALT+TAB or replug the controller.

I have the latest drivers and reinstalled multiple times.

Duke nukem and LIMBO have these issues. (LIMBO's issue is slightly different because the issue shows on different occasion.)

Gearbox was very kind to try help me but ultimately they didn't respond anymore to my mail and let go of the issue.

Is there someone who knows how to bypass this?

thanks in advance.




*Please note that i said that the issue was resolved by driver update but only moments later the issue returned.

* NO YAPPING ABOUT WY U NO PLAY GAME WITH KEWBOARD MAUSE????????!!!!!!!!!!*

Last edited by piliwili: 02-23-2012 at 08:53 AM.
piliwili is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
MADDOGGE
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 11136
Posts: 26,082
You are just plain evil using a controller on the PC for any FPS, EVIL I say, EVIL!


I don't think it's DNF itself if you are having similar issues with Limbo, which has nothing to do with GearBox. Which drivers are you talking about? The one for the 360 controller? Do you have a wireless or wired one. I just fired up the game using my wireless controller to see if I could dup whats going on but it works fine for me.

Some games don't like other controllers being plugged in at the same time and I have had to unplug my wheel on occation because of this but it's not the case for me with this game. Even so do you have any other controllers, wheels, joystick devices plugged in as well?
MADDOGGE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
bryonhowley
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 39
Posts: 301
I have two xbox 360 controllers a racing wheel and flight stick all plugged in and have had no issues at all with DNF using the 360 controller. Have you tried your controller in any other game that supports the 360 controller?
bryonhowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
piliwili
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
You are just plain evil using a controller on the PC for any FPS, EVIL I say, EVIL!


I don't think it's DNF itself if you are having similar issues with Limbo, which has nothing to do with GearBox. Which drivers are you talking about? The one for the 360 controller? Do you have a wireless or wired one. I just fired up the game using my wireless controller to see if I could dup whats going on but it works fine for me.

Some games don't like other controllers being plugged in at the same time and I have had to unplug my wheel on occation because of this but it's not the case for me with this game. Even so do you have any other controllers, wheels, joystick devices plugged in as well?
I have no other devices plugged in and by latest driver i mean the wired 360 gamepad one.

And second i don't need your yapping about me trying to play DNF with a controller. It's irrelevant to my question and totally unnecessary.
piliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
piliwili
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryonhowley View Post
I have two xbox 360 controllers a racing wheel and flight stick all plugged in and have had no issues at all with DNF using the 360 controller. Have you tried your controller in any other game that supports the 360 controller?
Yes i have tried it in almost any other game but DNF is acting strange like LIMBO. (LIMBO only acts up after pressing the FN key on my keyboard.) All other games work flawlessly with 360 controller.
piliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
abort_user
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Reputation: 85
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by piliwili View Post
Yes i have tried it in almost any other game but DNF is acting strange like LIMBO. (LIMBO only acts up after pressing the FN key on my keyboard.) All other games work flawlessly with 360 controller.
if its a problem with the game, its really rare. the fact that it is happening to more than one game means its very likely its something else causing the problem. it could be the controller drivers.
abort_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Nathuram
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 7
Posts: 220
Why would you ever play an FPS with a controller when you have the keyboard and mouse available?
Nathuram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
piliwili
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by abort_user View Post
if its a problem with the game, its really rare. the fact that it is happening to more than one game means its very likely its something else causing the problem. it could be the controller drivers.
I reinstalled the drivers multiple time from the microsoft website. the issue isn't driver related and the gamepad is new. I have no virusses or registry errors. It's ONLY LIMBO and DNF so it's a game related issue i am sure.
piliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
abort_user
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Reputation: 85
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by piliwili View Post
I reinstalled the drivers multiple time from the microsoft website. the issue isn't driver related and the gamepad is new. I have no virusses or registry errors. It's ONLY LIMBO and DNF so it's a game related issue i am sure.
again. if its more than one game, its doubtful its game related, especially since both games are made by different companies and use different engines.

i dont know what the problem is, but i can assure you that you will probably never fix it if you arent able to accept the idea that the problem lies elsewhere.
abort_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
piliwili
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by abort_user View Post
again. if its more than one game, its doubtful its game related, especially since both games are made by different companies and use different engines.

i dont know what the problem is, but i can assure you that you will probably never fix it if you arent able to accept the idea that the problem lies elsewhere.
I forgot to mention that the DNF problem isn't identical to the LIMBO issue. LIMBO's issue only shows when using the FN key on my keyboard where the issue with DNF is just something not toggled but already present in-game.
piliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #11
seseorang
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 742
Posts: 7,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by piliwili View Post
And second i don't need your yapping about me trying to play DNF with a controller. It's irrelevant to my question and totally unnecessary.
Hmmm... You couldn't judge the post as being a little friendly. Your reply here can be seen as rude. I see it as rude.

Just use a keyboard and mouse.

You've not provided your computer specifications, operating system, installed software, driver versions, any other USB devices plugged in, etc.

Where did you get the controller? Is it an official Xbox type, or a cheaper version?
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
piliwili
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by seseorang View Post
Hmmm... You couldn't judge the post as being a little friendly. Your reply here can be seen as rude. I see it as rude.

Just use a keyboard and mouse.

You've not provided your computer specifications, operating system, installed software, driver versions, any other USB devices plugged in, etc.

Where did you get the controller? Is it an official Xbox type, or a cheaper version?
Ati mobility radeon 5650
AMD Phenom II X3 N830
Windows 7 64bit
Latest Xbox gamepad driver,
No other devices plugged in.

Also it's rude to not answer someone's question and try to make someone use a controlmethod they don't like. It can be considered rude because i already know some people can't accept there are people who like sitting back while using a gamepad.

Thanks for responding.
piliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
DaRoach
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 13
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by piliwili View Post
Also it's rude to not answer someone's question.
?

Have you have ever used third party programs, motionjoy or xbox360ce, to allow older controllers to work on modern drivers?
I have had experience with this after using an old controller and workarounds, and then finally buying a licensed 360 controller. Things were improperly bound and pressing buttons yielded random results and the only fix I was able to find was a reformat.
DaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #14
piliwili
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRoach View Post
?

Have you have ever used third party programs, motionjoy or xbox360ce, to allow older controllers to work on modern drivers?
I have had experience with this after using an old controller and workarounds, and then finally buying a licensed 360 controller. Things were improperly bound and pressing buttons yielded random results and the only fix I was able to find was a reformat.
If my question is: HOW DO I EAT CHICKEN STEW!?
And someone replies with: eat pork meat instead because i like it better. It's a stupid answer and selfish and improvident.

Btw i posted my specs and hardware in reply to the stupid person above me.

Thanks for giving me a good response.
piliwili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #15
MADDOGGE
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 11136
Posts: 26,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by piliwili View Post
I have no other devices plugged in and by latest driver i mean the wired 360 gamepad one.

And second i don't need your yapping about me trying to play DNF with a controller. It's irrelevant to my question and totally unnecessary.
Grow up. I made a joke that deflected what would have been a long line of people asking you why you are stupidly using a controller on a PC game. Which happens everytime someone admits to using a controller on a PC game. It might come as a shock but I too on occasion use a controller on the PC.

I then went on to properly try and help. With your jarate poor attitude though as far as I'm concerned I no longer care if you ever get it running or not. Most of us like to help out when we can here but this is a users forum not support so helping is not a requirement. Especially when the person asking for help is abusive.
MADDOGGE is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Duke Nukem Forever


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.