Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alan Wake

Old 02-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
nirvy

Mouse Speed too slow!

I have turned the mouse speed up to full, however i still have to move my mouse half way across my desk to get alan to turn a little bit, its much too slow and feels super sluggish,

Any hacks to increase it? It's kinda killing the mood at the moment, my wrist is aching already

Last edited by nirvy: 02-16-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 02-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
chevelleking

Yea I agree, I had to turn my DPI up just to turn around easily, overall mouse movement feels sluggish.
chevelleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Jumpy-B-L

Strange, I had to turn my mouse DPI down (on-the-fly button) to get the right feel. I haven't touched the mouse sens settings in the options. MX518 here.
Jumpy-B-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
mlny

i have problems, too. there seems to be some kind of mouse acceleration going on. a 'hardware cursor' option would be much appreciated. the way it is at the moment, movement is either too slow or too fast and it makes my mouse hand hurt and breaks the immersion.
mlny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
Arclight

Myeah, maxed out in-game and then DPI as well, still feels sluggish on small movements. Bit heavy on the smoothing/acceleration.

Got used to it after a bit though. Guess it fits the game; Alan isn't exactly a marksman, makes combat a bit more frantic.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
SoniXX

Banned
I also have problems with the Mouse controls. I played the game last year on a Xbox 360 and i don't want to play it with Gamepad again (love mouse+keyboard controls in games!)
Please fix this & thx for the game finally on PC
SoniXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
mlny

hello. the new command line option '-rigidcamera' which was introduced with patch 1.02 sadly doesn't aleviate the problems with mouse acceleration. on the contrary: by removing the purposefully 'laggy' feel of the camera the issues with mouse-acceleration stand out all the more. in it's current state mouse control in this game is all but broken for me. the mouse just jitters and jumps all over the place when set to reasonable sensitivity. i hope you guys find the time to adress this with a true hardware-mouse-option. thanks and keep up the great work! - m
Old 02-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
brotrrwinner

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlny View Post
hello. the new command line option '-rigidcamera' which was introduced with patch 1.02 sadly doesn't aleviate the problems with mouse acceleration. on the contrary: by removing the purposefully 'laggy' feel of the camera the issues with mouse-acceleration stand out all the more. in it's current state mouse control in this game is all but broken for me. the mouse just jitters and jumps all over the place when set to reasonable sensitivity. i hope you guys find the time to adress this with a true hardware-mouse-option. thanks and keep up the great work! - m
Pretty much this, also while you're at it, remove the snap-to-enemy thing when you ain the flashlight. We have a mouse, we can aim without help
brotrrwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
wazups 2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotrrwinner View Post
Pretty much this, also while you're at it, remove the snap-to-enemy thing when you ain the flashlight. We have a mouse, we can aim without help
100% agree with both of ya!
wazups 2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
surfacewound

Yeah it seems they over-exaggerated the flashlight effect a bit. Not a big deal though, I just had to go up to my 2nd highest sensitivity setting on my G9x (3600DPI) and it was totally fine.

I like the overall effect they're going for though, he's aiming a flashlight with his off hand, which is what you're really controlling with the mouse, so it shouldn't be instantaneously perfect like an FPS. Just seems like they overdid it a bit.
surfacewound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
mlny

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfacewound View Post
Yeah it seems they over-exaggerated the flashlight effect a bit. Not a big deal though, I just had to go up to my 2nd highest sensitivity setting on my G9x (3600DPI) and it was totally fine.

I like the overall effect they're going for though, he's aiming a flashlight with his off hand, which is what you're really controlling with the mouse, so it shouldn't be instantaneously perfect like an FPS. Just seems like they overdid it a bit.
ironically enough, the controls with the 360 pad (both on console and on pc) are among the most precise and snappy i've ever encountered in a game. i'd just like the same experience with mouse and keyboard, that's all. - m
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
sea-

Same thing here. I have to wonder how the game handles low DPI desktop mice, like your standard cheap Logitechs. Does it go based off the Windows mouse speed, or are people with lower-end mice screwed? The game is basically unplayable for me with anything under 2000 DPI.
sea- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
BC2 Cypher

Never noticed it, though my mouse has on on-the-fly dpi switching as well that goes up to 5000.
BC2 Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #14
Flakz

I use a Logitech that's really nothing special. I'm guessing it's a middle ground mouse, not cheap but not expensive either. Have no problems with this game. Actually, the mouse works wonderful in Alan Wake compared to a lot of other games. Can't really remember having to tweak the mouse settings at all, which surprised me.
Flakz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alan Wake