Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars

Old 02-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
vazzaroth

I own GW:Factions. Should I buy the Trilogy or just Eye?

Basically I'm wondering how much of an improved experience I'm going to get if I upgrade and buy more expansions. I've played Factions for like maybe 5 hours tops in the years I've had it, but GW2 fever has gotten me and Im thinking of finally playing. Will buying any other expansions improve my game? IE, Better textures, access to better areas? Or is EOTN just high level content and doesn't touch the other areas? What exactly do the other 2 games offer me?
Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
daniel2201

Id say get them all, Guild Wars Prophecies (original one) adds a good campaign and really nice areas, whereas Nightfall is really good to! And you get the Dervish profession and Paragorn.
Eye of the North adds a smaller campaign, on the same map a Tryia (but not in the same areas). EotN also has quite a few dungeons, which can be pretty darn hard to complete.

Personaly, I liked Prophecies best, second Nightfall, and than Factions and EotN on third place.
And if the GW2 fever has gotten to you as you said, you should really play them all you wont regret it!
daniel2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
vazzaroth

Thanks for the reply! I think I'm going to buy EOTN, since, from what I understand, it will give me access to better heroes to hire while leveling. And the Hall of Monuments that affects GW2 is a selling point, as is it's $20 price tag. I might wait for a steam sale to pick up the extra campaigns with Trilogy since I already own one of the games in that pack.

Will adding games increase my character slots?
vazzaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Zebideedee

Banned
You'll have access to more skills & heroes if you have em all. Nightfall and EotN both have heroes and have PvE skills that will help a lot. Some people say the PvE skills are overpowered. Things like Pain Inverter from EotN is a beast of a skill if you cast on an Ele boss that hits your whole team with an aoe spell, add some minions and the boss can one hit kill itself

I'm a Necro and used to use the EotN PvE skill Ebon Assassin support with arcane echo & Mark of Pain, that and my Dervish heroes do insane aoe damage when I called targets, providing the enemies bunched up.

I think you get an additional character slot or two for each campaign you own (EotN isn't a campaign btw, but if you want the free goodies for GW2, it's a must)

Last edited by Zebideedee: 02-17-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Zebideedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #5
daniel2201

EotN will be a good adition to your experience. The PvE skill Ebon Assassin Support which Zebideedee metioned is awesome! Also the Asura summons are really nice.
Have fun decorating your Hall of Monuments! It will be a hell of a job before you are done on that mission. ^^
EotN doesnt give you additional character slots. And if I remember correct you can only get 8 slots before you need to buy extra slots in the ingame store (9 euros if I remember correct).

Have fun in the beautiful landscapes of EotN!
daniel2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
MithranArkanere

My recommendation is unlocking all 4 main parts of the game as soon as possible, and doing it the way that is cheaper.

If getting the trilogy is cheaper than getting Prophecies and Nightfall separately, then do that.
MithranArkanere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #7
Tiger88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithranArkanere View Post
My recommendation is unlocking all 4 main parts of the game as soon as possible, and doing it the way that is cheaper.
Agreed. I always recommend starting with Prophecies, but after finishing that one (following the storyline), it's kind of more fun to jump around between the others. Go back and forth between the other campaigns/expansions to pick up heroes and the skills you need for builds and to keep things more varied and interesting.
Tiger88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars