Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Spy

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Jsnazz

A challenge to bad spys everywhere

Allow me to elaborate on the issues of players wanted to nerf the enforcer but first i want to give you guys some insight on the reasons why we should retain that weapon that way its. I'll break it down in 3 easy steps.

1. You're a solo class that enter dangerous enemy territory where their top player hide behind their medic ubercharge. Once your cover is blow you have 2 choices. Run or fight but why can't i do both you ask? That's where the enforcer come in. It has the raw power to neutralize a threat but you need 100% skill to make your every shots count before you're spot by everyone. This is where the 0.5 cloak delay penalty come in because those spot you get to follow your glittering trail and kill you. That's the life of a glass cannon spy.

2. Valve introduce the spy-cle for one reason and one reason along. Pyro's persist spy check make non spy-cicle a living hell.

3. This is why Valve also introduced the enforcer with the 0.5 cloak delay as their penalty because that gun reward good player that know how to use it while knowing your cloak delay trail will get you kill. The bad one will of course dye trying ALOT.

Here is my challenge to all the bad spys that want to nerf the enforcer.

Come up with a score like mind where your knife kills and pistol kills are split like mind to really understand what balance and unbalance really mean.

My DR.enforcer-cicle playstyle

Here is the best part. Look at my total deaths. That is my ultimate version of evasive assassin.

Now you guys get to know a bit about me and my play style, i want to said please pardon my bad grammar, and attitude (for the greater good) and thank you Valve for not falling into peer pressure by nerfing such a balance weapon. I said this because in the past, your pistols kinda blows. Its come down to choosing a revolver or the enforcer for my play style and the enforcer really enforce my love for gun-slinging without having slow shooting speed, low damage or make loud annoying noise but no matter what when things get tough the enforcer is always there for me, events like neutralizing a threat at tough situation or finish off a badly injure player because after all I'm also a reconnaissance class and it make sense where I'm allowed me to see enemy hp while disgusted. I think it was brilliant and I know Valve feel the same way too because its just so logical and this is coming from a spy that know how to utlitize the spy class to the fullest without having any play style restriction.

cheers for reading
Old 02-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
mmxrocks

I have a challenge for you. Learn to headshot with the ambassador and stop using weapons like the enforcer that are considered cheap and noobish.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Just_A_Gamer

I don't fully understand.

Was that screenshot supposed to convince me that the enforcer didn't need a nerf?

Also, I genuinely believe you couldn't use a worse server-selection to prove your point.

Last edited by Just_A_Gamer: 02-18-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
LuckPusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsnazz View Post
3. This is why Valve also introduced the enforcer with the 0.5 cloak delay as their penalty because that gun reward good player that know how to use it
Do you actually understand how the Dead Ringer works?
Old 02-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
Ready_Set_Chaos

Guys, he's trolling.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
JuncoPartner

This is too stupid to argue with.

I don't believe trolls can capture stupidity this authentic.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
LuckPusher

Dammit! Can't believe I fell for this! Trolls are getting more and more believable everday.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
2C3C

Allow me to elaborate on the issues of players wanted to nerf the phlogistinator but first i want to give you guys some insight on the reasons why we should retain that weapon that way its. I'll break it down in 3 easy steps.

1. You're a solo class that enter dangerous enemy territory where their top player hide behind their medic ubercharge. Once your cover is blow you have 2 choices. Run or fight but why can't i do both you ask? That's where the phlogistinator come in. It has the raw power to neutralize a threat but you need 100% skill to make your every particles count before you're spot by everyone. This is where the 4 taunt delay penalty come in because those spot you get to follow your huddah huddahing and kill you. That's the life of a glass cannon pyro.

2. Valve introduce the phlogistinator for one reason and one reason along. Heavy's persist minigun fire make non phlogistinator a living hell.

3. This is why Valve also introduced the phlogistinator with the 4 taunt delay as their penalty because that gun reward good player that know how to use it while knowing your mmph sounds will get you kill. The bad one will of course dye trying ALOT.

Here is my challenge to all the bad pyros that want to nerf the phlogistinator.

Come up with a score like mind where your flamethrower kills and flaregun kills are split like mind to really understand what balance and unbalance really mean.

My phlogistinator playstyle
Old 02-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
Rynjin

^This would be a nice parody.

...If insinuating the Phlogistinator was OP wasn't such a laughable idea.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
TheFriendlyCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post

Both the Enforcer and Phlog destroy at lower skill levels, and while Enforcers Spies are more effective at high skill levels, the required burn damage to start critting goes up insanely fast.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
2C3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post

Yea :/

It's more for the general idea of fail logic, but I don't seem to have any screenshots of scoreboards. That seems kind of pretentious to me.

This about the closest I have.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #12
Rynjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2C3C View Post
Yea :/

It's more for the general idea of fail logic, but I don't seem to have any screenshots of scoreboards. That seems kind of pretentious to me.

This about the closest I have.
Replace all of your Phlog things with the Backburner, and I'll let you use this.

Just as lulzy, but now you have a prety pikature.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
zxcvbmn

What your post sounds like:

HEY GUYS!

THE Enforcer iS BaLaNNCEd bECause IT eLimINATes thE spYYS wEAKnessessss and MAKES it eaSsiEEEr to PALY!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
stabby stabby

Troll.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
Perfect Cell

The downside with the Enforcer does not apply to the Dead Ringer, making it a direct upgrade to the Revolver.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Spy