Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sega Classics

Old 02-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Erikjust83

Shining Force 1 broken save game feature saved games missing

When playing shining force you can save in two options either in game with the priest or off game in the menu.

Well i have bad experience with both.

First of i saved at Chapter 7 in game, yet when i begin the game its at the beginning of Chapter 6.

Then i try to save off game at it goes well for a couple of tries and then suddenly BOOM this program isn´t responding every saved game both in and off is gone deleted.

Is there a program Error or whats going on here?

Because its getting QUITE annoying that i can´t shut down the game without having to start all over again.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Desires

you have to use the save slot feature as part of the emulator or F5 for quick save (F9 to load quick save). I am a little dissapointed in the emulator for not incorperating save game data, I'd much like to do New Game+
Desires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
missbackpack

No idea why saving would be connected to game freezes :\

@Desires: To be safe I'd use quicksave and save slots too but the emulator should support save game data. It might be a little weird though as I remember I managed to accidentally lose my Landstalker save.

For instance, if I play Sonic 3 until the second zone, quit, and then select "new game" I can then load my old game just like I'd be able to on a genesis.
missbackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Tresob77

The number of "lost my save game" threads really dissuades me from getting into any of these RPGs. It gives one the impression that it would be safer running a third party emulator and a downloaded ROM.
Tresob77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
Hsanrb

The emulator only keeps track of the first time a save is created, in shining forces case the save is made right at the beginning so thats the only one you get
Hsanrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
kevinski

I'm trying to play through Phantasy Star II without a guide. Needless to say, I wasn't too pleased that my save file wasn't retained after having finally gotten through the first dungeon. Yeah, use the save slots that're part of the emulator. I've opened a support ticket with Sega, but I'm not expecting much from it.

C'mon, Sega...learn how to emulate your own damn games or pay someone else to do it properly.
kevinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
Hsanrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinski View Post
I'm trying to play through Phantasy Star II without a guide. Needless to say, I wasn't too pleased that my save file wasn't retained after having finally gotten through the first dungeon. Yeah, use the save slots that're part of the emulator. I've opened a support ticket with Sega, but I'm not expecting much from it.

C'mon, Sega...learn how to emulate your own damn games or pay someone else to do it properly.
Sword of Vermillion would be the perfect ticket, just record like 10s of you going into a church, save the game, have it say "save successful" and go save again and the file is gone... I should put that on youtube and get segas attention.

Edit: heres proof if you'd rather not have to record it to show them yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u9Z7irCJP8

Last edited by Hsanrb: 05-14-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Video
Hsanrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sega Classics