Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alan Wake

Old 02-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
safesinger

Alan Wake broke even within 48hrs..

I think it's great Alan Wake is selling well I love the Xbox version played it through on that and am close to end on PC version

Got the sales info from this link: http://kotaku.com/5886605/alan-wakes...lf-in-48-hours

I'm not sure how reliable this source is but if it is true hopefully developers are paying attention that PC games can make money.

Now lets hope others see and release Read Dead Or maybe Alan Wake's American Nightmare may see PC. That would be cool.

Last edited by safesinger: 02-20-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
targetbsp

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2555759
targetbsp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
kmrking

red dead? remedy have nothing to do with red dead. thats rockstar. and rockstar know pc games do well as they release la noire and are releasing max payne 3 on pc. i think its just a case of red dead being too big and taking too much time
kmrking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
KubanitoS

I am just happy that now that Alan Wake has been successful on PC, there is a higher chance of getting American Nightmare also.
KubanitoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
NSSherlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrking View Post
red dead? remedy have nothing to do with red dead. thats rockstar. and rockstar know pc games do well as they release la noire and are releasing max payne 3 on pc. i think its just a case of red dead being too big and taking too much time
I seriously dont know how that abomination called LA Noire sold on PC. Russian games are better optimized than that. God help us with Max Payne 3.
NSSherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
BSM

That's great. I bought the pc version for myself and a friend, even though I have the Xbox Collector's Edition already.

Now, about American Nightmare...

*Slowly turns and looks at Remedy*
BSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
xizar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrking View Post
A careful reading of the article reveals the comment about Red Dead Redemption is directed *at* Rockstar.

"Come on Rockstar, all eyes are on you… "
xizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
NasherUK

Just goes to show that if you make a GOOD game and give it a fair price, PC gamers will buy it.

When people like activision release games at £40+ all that happens is more people pirate it.
NasherUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
safesinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizar View Post
A careful reading of the article reveals the comment about Red Dead Redemption is directed *at* Rockstar.

"Come on Rockstar, all eyes are on you… "
Thank you I know Remedy have notta to do with Red Dead I said hopefully others . Should have been more clear hopefully other developers take notice.

@ NasherUK totally agree PC games have always been $10-$20 less than console games.
Now with Internet speeds so fast & Digital downloads are quite common No need for Paper for the Art in Case ,No Case or Disc pressing PC should have a lower price compared to consoles we also pay more for our systems.

The pricing on Alan Wake is perfect I glady dished out the $29.99 without hesitation.
Is getting exausting hearing Developers and other people in the industry blaming piracy as thier reason for not making games or that thier sales are bad. It shows a good game with a fair price will sell.

Last edited by safesinger: 02-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.
safesinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alan Wake