Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2

Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
borisdog

Elanee - Casting heal in combat

I seem to be having trouble getting Elanee to cast any directed healing spells in combat, they seem to all want to go to the PC.

There's been times where I've been able to direct who she casts them on , and others where I haven't.

I've tried with AI on/off and turned pretty much everything off in her behaviour. The thing that's beating me is sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't. It's driving me insane.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
Matheau

If you mean you are controlling Elanee directly, you probably have the PC or another character targeted when you cast them. The AI settings don't matter for the active character.
Matheau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
bbellina

As I recall if you use the quickcast menu to cast spells from then you can click on the spell and then on the character you want the spell cast upon. If however you drag the spell to your quickbar and cast from there then you need to right-click the spell target first before clicking on the spell in the quickbar.

It is non-intuitive at best and I also miscast quite a bit.
bbellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
borisdog

Thanks people.

Bbellina - your ways both work for me. Great stuff
borisdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
Nijay

I just wanted to ask is she supposed to die at the battle in the village? Because I never talked to the wizard guy and I still have her, but she won't die. She's an immortal quarterstaff warrior who worships the natural 20 god.

Oops it's Arnie Fern not Elanee

Last edited by Nijay: 03-20-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Nijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
bbellina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijay View Post
I just wanted to ask is she supposed to die at the battle in the village? Because I never talked to the wizard guy and I still have her, but she won't die. She's an immortal quarterstaff warrior who worships the natural 20 god.

Oops it's Arnie Fern not Elanee
If you still have Amie in your party after the battle of West Harbor then you have to go back to a save game or restart. Having Amie in the party after West Harbor is a bug and will create problems for you later in the game.
bbellina is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2