Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EverQuest series

Old 02-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
DirtyHarry50

EQ and EQ2 Launch within Steam?

I bought EQ2 a long time ago through Steam and at the time it used a crappy streaming launcher instead of the regular one which would just download the whole game in one shot. I imagine original EQ had a streaming launcher at the time as well but I could be wrong about that since I didn't buy that one here.

Anyway, I am wondering if EQ2 and EQ now use the most current launchers from SOE and will just do a full download of the game to begin with or if the Steam versions just have the streaming launchers.

I know you can run the games outside of Steam once you buy them but I'd like running them within Steam for the time tracking, etc.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
captain_video

EQ2 on Steam will download the newest launcher, and there will be a checkbox to choose whether you want the full download up front, or the streaming version. EQ1 should be the same when it launches on Steam.
captain_video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
DirtyHarry50

Thanks very much.
DirtyHarry50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EverQuest series