Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 02-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
airblad3

Question The Missing Link... Worth it?

I got the base game, but is this DLC worth it or I should wait for a 75% drop?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
zealously

From what I've heard, it isn't worth the full price ($15) but would be a good deal at $5. It's about 4-5 hours of extra gameplay.
zealously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
The_End_

I was gonna make a similar topic, but since this is already here, I'll just add this to this topic.

I just bought the base game. About the Deus Ex: HR DLC. I hear that most people say that the Missing Link is pretty good, so I'm probably gonna pic that up while it's on sale. What about the other two DLC Packs (Tactical Enhancement Pack & Explosive Mission Pack)? Are they worth picking up? Sure they’re cheap and all, but besides the selling point of their low cost, are they worth having?

Another thing, if I do pick this DLC, even if it’s only the missing link DLC, do you recommend activating it on my account for the first play-through of the game? Or should I keep these things in my inventory until I decide to do a second play-through?
The_End_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
oliathsg

Well it is a seperate standalone game. You can install it but you won't get any of the missing link content unless you launch the missing link app.

I'd play the main game first and then the missing link since it's basically covering a portion of the story where you 'black out' or vanish for some time.
oliathsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
lordofterror

its totally worth it mate , the devs worked on this one personally since people felt the boss fights ruined the flow of the main game , its awesome you can complete the whole game including the boss even without firing a bullet , that's the real deus ex , the story is good too , you can get around 5-10hrs out of it.
lordofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
AmphibiousKitty

The DLC is really good and well made. It gave me a Metal Gear Solid 2 vibe from whole you being on a ship while it's storming type deal. At the regular $15 price, no, it is not worth it whatsoever. At $10 would be the more reasonable deal for it. At $5 it's a fantastic price.

Besides it is interesting to finally get to play through what felt like an awkward skip in time from Adam Jensen in the game. Seriously when playing the game back in August I almost felt like the game skipped over some gameplay accidentally. Nope, just turns out they were gonna fill us in on that part of the story later.
AmphibiousKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #7
Ceadderman

Missing link is dropped into the story line when you play HR correct?

~Ceadder
Ceadderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
WittyNameHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofterror View Post
its totally worth it mate , the devs worked on this one personally since people felt the boss fights ruined the flow of the main game , its awesome you can complete the whole game including the boss even without firing a bullet , that's the real deus ex , the story is good too , you can get around 5-10hrs out of it.
I couldn't agree more. It's one of the better DLC's I have seen and changes the game for the better.
WittyNameHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
masterthehero

The DLC is best played while you're working your way to complete the main game, mainly before you go to Singapore.

I think the DLC definitely adds more to the storyline of the game and there are a lot of holes that get filled in. It definitely rewards sneaking but doesn't horribly punish you for killing everybody, but the characters will definitely respond to your actions.

Also, you get a little bit of backstory on the Panchea project and the end boss of the game as well.

It's definitely better to wait for a sale on this content, but I think it fleshes out the Deus Ex storyline nicely and makes the game feel more complete.
masterthehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
alexUW

Short but sweet. [very surprised it wasn't part of the original game].
If you want it to coincide with the fullgame, play the DLC right after you blowup the harbor building in China [whatever city it's called].

If you can get it around $5 or less, then pick it up!

Quote:
Missing link is dropped into the story line when you play HR correct?

~Ceadder
No. The Missing Link DLC has it's own launcher; I wish it did "incorporate" automatically

Last edited by alexUW: 02-24-2012 at 01:55 PM.
alexUW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
Kendo

Banned
Its $5 now so I got it
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
Gargos

Deus Ex plus all DLCs arround 10€, let's see if it's worth it soon...=)
Gargos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
TheDarkChaplain

In my opinion, it is bloody not worth it.
Its more of the same, just even more limiting, and the "boss" is a damn joke.

If you can't get enough of tight corridors and yellow effects, it might be for you, but there's not much substance to be found to justify spending money on it
TheDarkChaplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #14
IcarusSC

Did you like DXHR? Then yes, it's worth it. I paid full price and am not sorry. Were you hoping for something really different? I recommend Magic: The Gathering. It's quite different.
IcarusSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #15
Ceadderman

Well, I'm finally able to install it. But for $6.50(All DLC) I don't see how you can honestly go wrong. Of course, I bought "Lost Coast" DLC content for Half Life 2 so what do I know. At least buying it increased the amount of HR content I have. Some games are just ridiculous for replayability and thins is one of them. I mean that in a good way. I loved the first two titles in this series, but this one is far better than they are. The quality of graphics is just that much better than a lot of other titles. I hope Ubisoft gives us an open world game based on the DE story line. That would be incredible. A game whose storyline is only dependant on the decisions we make and the information uncovered along the way.

If you play for the storyline than I would think that the Missing Link DLC is worth picking up. And if you like a little more variety in weapons and gadgets that makes those packs worthy too. I didn't think I would get the Shotty and Sniper Rifle pack but they really are fun to play with. Only wish they were upgradeable like other weapons in the game. Not being upgradeable is a bit of a drag though.

~Ceadder
Ceadderman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series