Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V > Steam Workshop for Skyrim

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #31
tiirshen

Same problem

I have been having the same problem since yesterday. Have had no problems for a week with 70 mods downloaded. Then the issue just started out of nowhere yesterday.
tiirshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #32
cstick

Same problem here.

27 mods installed.

First error message displayed during the check of my 6th installed mod. Click ok, then it goes through the others fine, until it hits #24 - 27 which I had downloaded just yesterday. All new mods fail to download/install. (Edited to say: My game still loads and plays just fine. Even my 6th mod that throws an error still is visible in game. It's a mod to make all my potions weigh 0.1 and they all still weigh that)

It first started to happen yesterday for me as well. I have not checked today, but that's because I'm at work.

Last edited by cstick: 02-27-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: added more info, corrected typo, grrr.
cstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #33
SHOOTnCRASH

This started happening to me yesterday as well. I only have 4 mods installed at the moment through steam so its not a numbers prob. I'm really not digging the way steam is injecting itself into the mods part of Skyrim. The Elderscrolls modding community has got this down to a science for a decade now. Wrye bash, BOSS, mod managers all work together beautifully, then steam comes in like a bull in china shop.

Last edited by SHOOTnCRASH: 02-27-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Obama
SHOOTnCRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
vspeed

Theres something forked on steam...none of my games which use cloud sync are syncing either...again this started out of nowhere yesterday for me
vspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #35
MetalMusicMan

Holy crap, it's working for me again... FINALLY! Maybe they fixed their servers?
MetalMusicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #36
SabreXT

Suddenly working for me, and I didn't change anything. So an issue on steams side I guess.
SabreXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #37
Kaybald

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle X View Post
You are able to dl from the workshop by unsubscribing everything?
I downloaded the two mods I linked to from the nexus. I unsubscribed from all the mods I had already downloaded in the past from the workshop (They are still there, you just have to check them off in the data files. They just won't update, or else this error happens, but they will work in game.) and then checked off the ones I wanted in the data files, and the game works fine now.
Kaybald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #38
SHOOTnCRASH

Yeah, its working now. I had made some changes in mods while it was down and it caught that and asked which way to sync..to them or from them. I'm somewhat impressed with that.
SHOOTnCRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #39
cstick

UPDATE:

I downloaded the Steam Beta Client and that seemed to have fixed my issues. I now see that other users have reported that it is now working without making ANY changes whatsoever.

But, that's my .02 if it helps anyone.

cstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #40
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybald View Post
I downloaded the two mods I linked to from the nexus. I unsubscribed from all the mods I had already downloaded in the past from the workshop (They are still there, you just have to check them off in the data files. They just won't update, or else this error happens, but they will work in game.) and then checked off the ones I wanted in the data files, and the game works fine now.
Plus if you leave them as unsubscribed and you use a 3rd party utility like Wyre or BOSS which seem to be changing the mod dates, you will then not get the automatic re-downloading that others have complained about.

If you do unsubscribe from a mod you really thought was good try to remember to make it a favorite, you will know what to check later for a possible update, and the author still has a record of a user liking their mod, everyone is happy BW

PS: I mentioned in another post, 4.5 million users where on the system, not that many complaints so it was not across the whole Steam system. 4.5 Million? what if 50%of those are having all their Skyrim 'subsribed' mods checked on top of what the Steam system usually handles? Maybe just a bit more than some heavy use servers can handle??? Keeping your mods 'subscribed' was the advertised way to use Steam but I strongly suspect it may be contributing to some of the problems we have just been seeing?

Last edited by Breton Warrior: 02-27-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #41
marirae

Forgive my ignorance, but any chance that this error is happening due to the solar radiation storm that hit us yesterday?? It's just weird that we are all getting this error yesterday and today.

Cheers!
marirae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 AM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #42
KurtisC

Valve
Can you try opting into the beta update for the Steam client? We've made some changes in it that should shield your downloads from certain forms of cosmic radiation.
KurtisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #43
jimbabwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtisC View Post
Can you try opting into the beta update for the Steam client? We've made some changes in it that should shield your downloads from certain forms of cosmic radiation.
Ah, but that might also keep me from becoming a superhero...
no thank you

For the record though, I'm also having difficulty downloading mods from both the nexus and steam. Very irritating. I have a slow connection and I wonder if that is the reason as I've received files at work which is much faster albeit somewhat frowned upon by the man.

Last edited by jimbabwe: 09-02-2012 at 07:00 AM.
jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #44
FroggystyleXZ95

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtisC View Post
That is hilarious, sir. I'm going to do just that.
FroggystyleXZ95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:22 AM   #45
MaximilianPs

I've got the same problem (showed in title)
looks like my Skyrim wasn't able to download some mods, so, instead of unsubscribe all mods, I just started to remove the once that wes showed on the sync....

In my case looks like it cant download Satic Mesh Improved Mod, so I've unsubscribbed it, all the rest one where be synced correctly so.. i won

update:
saddly it is false -.-
'cause when I've re-started the game the error is come back, at this point I guess that's a steam connection problem

Last edited by MaximilianPs: 12-30-2012 at 05:53 AM.
MaximilianPs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V > Steam Workshop for Skyrim