Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2

Old 02-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
turbozob

Red face Achievements

I am really jarateed off because of these achievements, I have completed Ravenholm with only gravitiy gun and not get achievement, not touched sand again no achievement, now i probably killed over 50 soldiers with antlons, and after achive progress 40/50 nothing happens. Also noticed "Get the airboat" achievement is missing, who is that possible when i was driving airboat... WTF?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Moopify

maybe you played in offline mode when you were getting to the airboat?
Moopify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Dinosaur Rex

Banned
Did you mess up with the console? Because if you did, no achievements for you until you reset your game.
Dinosaur Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #4
Glowhyena

Or your Internet connection disconnected temporarily?
Glowhyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
Havoc_53

If you're positive you've obtained the achievements you mentioned then try deleting the gamestate.txt, and then restart Steam. This should cause all achievements you've obtained to be registered.

Please be aware that doing so will reset any uncompleted counting achievements, for instance, Lambda Locator, to be reset to zero and you'll have to start from scratch with those.
Havoc_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
S1ckm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur Rex View Post
Did you mess up with the console? Because if you did, no achievements for you until you reset your game.

so i have an additional question if you load certain maps with the console to unlock for example the 2 points basket achievement will it mess up achievement?

also i'd like to add that i did some portal achievements like that but i loaded the specific map, then had to save it and restart without console to make the achievement work...i hope/think this should work with hf2 too? any confirmation would be appreciated
S1ckm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
Dinosaur Rex

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ckm4n View Post
so i have an additional question if you load certain maps with the console to unlock for example the 2 points basket achievement will it mess up achievement?

also i'd like to add that i did some portal achievements like that but i loaded the specific map, then had to save it and restart without console to make the achievement work...i hope/think this should work with hf2 too? any confirmation would be appreciated
Well I don't really know, I never used the console, but I think the achievement thing disables whenever you use the sv_cheats command nothing else might disable it.

I'm not a big achievement fan, so I never rush to get them, so I got a 100% on them after several walkthroughs.
Dinosaur Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 AM   #8
turbozob

I did not touch the console, could be that Internet connection got lost, but I would see Steam go offline or similar.
At the "bug hunt" achievement I had to load previous save to start counting progress again and finaly got the achievement.
at the "keep of the sand" achievement I never touched the sand so no bugs came out of the sand, unless at the big bug when you need to get to the doors, but achievement says "cross the beach without touching sand"
turbozob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
bolen

I have the same problem with "keep of the sand" achievement
bolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #10
Mhep

I have the same problem as well. I have played through Ravenholm two times with gravity gun and got nothing. The same deal with the "Keep Off the Sand" achievement. Also I played two times in a chapter with the supression device to get "Fight the Power" achievement.
Is it possible that load/save cycles can somehow mess up with achivements?
Mhep is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2