Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row The Third

Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Sandulf29

Unhappy Few game issues

I installed the game yesterday and so far the game is amazing. The only complaints I have is that I encountered game lags and freezes few times while playing. Many a times, the game just froze for more than 10 seconds.
I am playing it on my laptop which has these specs:
Core i5 2430M
3GB RAM
1 GB GT 540M

I dont think I encounter this problem while playing non-steam games which are equally demanding. So I am guessing Steam running alongside could also be the culprit
Could anyone help me what to do with this?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
SunDown1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandulf29 View Post
I installed the game yesterday and so far the game is amazing. The only complaints I have is that I encountered game lags and freezes few times while playing. Many a times, the game just froze for more than 10 seconds.
I am playing it on my laptop which has these specs:
Core i5 2430M
3GB RAM
1 GB GT 540M

I dont think I encounter this problem while playing non-steam games which are equally demanding. So I am guessing Steam running alongside could also be the culprit
Could anyone help me what to do with this?
Well, it is a fairly low grade video card and you're running on a laptop. On the other hand, seeing as the game has low FPS on even the high-end computers, it's not surprising. Your laptop video card doesn't help but like I said, even really good computers have trouble running this on full spec with no lag.

With this game, for that laptop, it's a double egde sword either way. =/
SunDown1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #3
Sandulf29

But I am not running on full spec. And am only using DX9 version. Plus as I said other equally demanding steam games run fairly well. Is there anyway to stop steam eating up resources?
Sandulf29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
izihbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandulf29 View Post
But I am not running on full spec. And am only using DX9 version. Plus as I said other equally demanding steam games run fairly well. Is there anyway to stop steam eating up resources?
Disabling the Steam ingame overlay thing might work. But then I'm not so sure you'll be getting the achievements...
izihbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Saints Row The Third