Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God

Old 02-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
Aerensiniac

How to code the worst trash of the century aka realm of the wanna be game makers

The only point im going to make is that this game consists of pixels as big as my frikin nails, yet the main reason of deaths is graphical, memory and connection laggs.

If a game with virtually no graphic manages to lagg a dual core system with 4Gb of rams and 2Mb/s broadband cable net connection... words simply escape me to describe the horror and the dismay.

The game causes nothing but frustration on the long run due to its game breaking issues.

Last edited by Aerensiniac: 02-26-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
McWafflez

Banned
Then quit instead of ranting here you imbecile.
McWafflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
Aerensiniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWafflez View Post
Then quit instead of ranting here you imbecile.
Think it over slow and carefully how me leaving the game would influence its coding.
Once you are done ask yourself what made you assume in the first place that i didnt leave it already.

Sorry there brosky but dont confuse trolling with logical fallacies. The first one is to jarate off others, the second is to make yourself look like an idiot.
Aerensiniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #4
Docman

He posted this diatribe on the official forums, too. He's just trying to start a fire. I recommend everyone ignore him.
Docman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Feragore

It's a Flash game. That's par for the course especially when there's so many objects on the screen.
Feragore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
Fumciasty

It's a pretty well-coded game as far as FLASH games are concerned. It's like a PC mouse made from LEGO. Obviously, you will have a ty experience compared to a normal mouse. As to WHY the developers chose flash I can only guess they wanted it to be the most casual-friendly. When played in a window there is no lag and I have 60fps on a dual core.
Fumciasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
McWafflez

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumciasty View Post
It's a pretty well-coded game as far as FLASH games are concerned. It's like a PC mouse made from LEGO. Obviously, you will have a ty experience compared to a normal mouse. As to WHY the developers chose flash I can only guess they wanted it to be the most casual-friendly. When played in a window there is no lag and I have 60fps on a dual core.
It's designed with Flash because it was just little game for a contest at first, when they won and their "fans" told them to continue with it they did and now we're here, that's basically why its a flash game.
McWafflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
Aerensiniac

Quote:
It's designed with Flash because it was just little game for a contest at first, when they won and their "fans" told them to continue with it they did and now we're here, that's basically why its a flash game.
It would be pretty much time to switch platforms.
With the game released on steam it became more than obvious that it has game breaking issues. 8 of us installed it, found it interesting, played it for almost a week. By now 6 of us already uninstalled due to the frustration the game causes with randomly killing off your chars using sudden connection or graphical lagg spikes.
Aerensiniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
NeoAlpha

The Steam client is known to have "sliding", where input lag causes you to continue walking in a direction after you've let go of the key. Try playing on the main site, if you haven't already.
NeoAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
Omega 17

+1 to OP.

This game is a disgrace to developers, a 20+ years olds computer could have been able to run this game hand down if it was created properly, anyway we can't really blame the amateurs devs for creating a original game.
Omega 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
xdevnullx

Tips for playing fullscreen without inducing the stutter lag of the steam version (and more):

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...6#post29451086
xdevnullx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #12
ogboot

Take a look at the fame numbers and loot on the leaderboards, then ask yourself... is the game terrible, or are you just bad at it?

Takes practice, gotta know when to fight and when to run.
ogboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
purplellama

don't have to be so rude about it, but the game could really use some optimizations.

if we can run modern games this should run no sweat. i have a feeling flash is to blame,
it's not really a great platform for an idea this big. kind of annoying to have to load up
quickspeech, and some random browser plugin for fullscreen, change your mouse pointer etc.

awesome game, but needs some updates!
purplellama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #14
JoeThePro

The biggest advice is always go back to the nexus at like 40-50% health. Set the nexus return button on your E or R key, where ever you can hit it the fastest. NEVER DO OTHERWISE if you want to maximize your lifespan. Sure, there will be times that no matter what, you dun did goof'd (i.e. teleported into a battle, walked right into a swarm of gods).
JoeThePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
Fumciasty

Quote:
Ah. That's even more silly now.
Fumciasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God