Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Mobile

Old 02-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Qrome

[Suggestion] Steam Overlay and "In Game" Detection

Eventually, I would love to see some sort of Steam overlay for the Android platform (sorry iPhone/iPod users, but this currently would not be possible in iOS). I have seen several apps for Android that have made use of the search key for quick access to the app, no matter what you are currently doing on the phone. With this in mind, a Steam overlay seems quite easy to implement. Simply hold down your search button and have access to all of the Steam app's features in a nice, compact window. I would love for this kind of mobile Steam overlay, complete with friends list, chat, and other Steam features, to become a reality.

Building on that, it would also be nice for Steam to detect when we are playing a game. This feature would be trickier to pull off, but would definitely be worth it.

Have you ever seen those games that use Openfeint to keep track of scores, achievements, etc.? What if developers began integrating Steam into their games in a way very similar to Openfeint, by automatically sending your game stats to the Steam app? This could finally make everything like in-game chat and achievements become a reality as well!

Last edited by Qrome: 02-26-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 02-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
xaliqen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Have you ever seen those games that use Openfeint to keep track of scores, achievements, etc.? What if developers began integrating Steam into their games in a way very similar to Openfeint? This could finally make everything like in-game chat and achievements become a reality as well!
I know this is largely a matter of taste, but a portion of the population aren't too keen on OpenFeint.

Personally, I'd be happy if Steam Mobile evolves in a similar way to Steam for Windows/Mac. I like your mobile overlay idea.

Last edited by xaliqen: 02-26-2012 at 04:47 PM.
xaliqen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Mobile