Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
FroggystyleXZ95

Regarding Windows 7 64 bit and CoP.

So, I don't see a thread on it or maybe it's buried somewhere in the forum, but maybe we should have a sticky. I was looking for a solution when I found something random in some random thread about compatibility.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out Call of Pripyat wouldn't run on my Windows 7 64 bit machine, however, I found the solution, and it's quite a stupid one.

Steam apparently enables compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 when you install the game. This will stop the game from running completely sans any mods or any changes in graphics on Win 7 64 bit(not sure about 32 bit).

Disabling compatibility mode will allow the game to run.

It would be helpful if this was either made a sticky or put into the sticky on how to report and fix technical problems.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
sambob

Could you explain exactly how you do this [disable compatibility mode]?
sambob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #3
JoeDaStudd

I ran CoP on Windows 7 64bit without any issues at all.
To change the compatibly options browse to the CoP folder (it should be in the steam folder) right click the .exe, properties and the option should be there.
JoeDaStudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Bad_Motha

Banned
Also ensure that there is no compatibility mode applied to Steam.exe, as it usually is setup for Vista, when installed under Win7/Win8.

Another thing u want to do is within Steam Client's Library listing, go to properties of each STALKER game you have installed and disable Steam Overlay as it doesn't get along well with these games.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #5
FetusZero

The reason it is buried deep down is most likely because the issue isn't wide spread. I ran CoP flawlessly on Win7 x64 without any adjustments needed.

Just for the sake of it though, I'd like to see a sticky that regroups every problems with their solutions, including this one. Actually, this should be mandatory in every forums on Steam, it would make things a lot easier for everyone who experience a problem.
FetusZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
Bad_Motha

Banned
These games are just outdated enough that the Steam moderators don't care and don't even look on this thread any longer. Not to mention, since they are not Steam/Valve related games, they could care less about them.

I wish they would allow me to be a volunteer moderator so I could put together a proper sticky of the most common issues/solutions. But overall we do have an ongoing sticky thread for that, but again the problems/solutions are kinda buried in that (and some other non-sticky threads).
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series