Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BioShock Infinite

Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
elJoy

Is Infinite going to have a 2 weapon cap?

you could say so from the footage that has been shown so far... I really hope it does not
Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
Anza Power

That would screw the entire game...
Anza Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
MADDOGGE

I would hope not. I'm a firm old school believer in the more weapons carried the better. I think this game is going to be great from what I have seen so far. The thing to remember though is this isn't a continuance of the real Bio-shock games where reducing the number of weapon slots makes no sense. If they did something so silly.

Infinite is an entirely new IP and has nothing to do with the first two games or their world so really shouldn't even sport the name Bio-Shock. They just tacked on the Bio-Shock to draw in the fans of the other BS games. Pure brand name PR. Kinda like how Pro-Street and Shift 1 got branded NFS games when they had no cops or illegal street racing in them. Marketing.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is I don't necessarily expect this game to play like the Rapture games. It's it's own game with it's own style of combat. If they limit us to only 2 weapons then unlike the fools at Gearbox with DNF or FEAR3 going from 3 to 2 slots, given these guys track recond there is hopefully a a damn good reason for it. Hopefully though its just the limits of the early eyecandy builds for showing off the game and other weapons slots have since been added.

I'm really trying hard not to compare the games because Infinite isn't a sequel.

Last edited by MADDOGGE: 02-28-2012 at 07:58 AM.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Mech_Chicken

What I understand based on nothing truly concrete, it would appear that Infinite is going to work on a 3 weapon slot swap system. It goes light weapon, medium weapon, and heavy weapon and you swap around weapons from those slots with ones that you find laying around the world or from dead enemies.

Yes, It's easy to see how it may be dumbing things down for the console tards again, but when you think about it, with 8 weapon choices and all the different ammo types you never ran out of ammo and really only ended up using a couple weapons the whole time. A weapon swap system encourages more decision-making and resource management.
Mech_Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Karmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
I would hope not. I'm a firm old school believer in the more weapons carried the better. I think this game is going to be great from what I have seen so far. The thing to remember though is this isn't a continuance of the real Bio-shock games where reducing the number of weapon slots makes no sense. If they did something so silly.

Infinite is an entirely new IP and has nothing to do with the first two games or their world so really shouldn't even sport the name Bio-Shock. They just tacked on the Bio-Shock to draw in the fans of the other BS games. Pure brand name PR. Kinda like how Pro-Street and Shift 1 got branded NFS games when they had no cops or illegal street racing in them. Marketing.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is I don't necessarily expect this game to play like the Rapture games. It's it's own game with it's own style of combat. If they limit us to only 2 weapons then unlike the fools at Gearbox with DNF or FEAR3 going from 3 to 2 slots, given these guys track recond there is hopefully a a damn good reason for it. Hopefully though its just the limits of the early eyecandy builds for showing off the game and other weapons slots have since been added.

I'm really trying hard not to compare the games because Infinite isn't a sequel.
I thought i heard something a couple of months back from ken Levine about how there is the possibility that this could be a lead-in, or "prequel" per-say. Don't know how....maybe Andrew Ryan's philosophical beliefs originated from the city....who knows. Honestly, i think this game WILL have something relating to the other ones, aside from the title that is.
Karmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
Purple Lemon

I heard it's going to have a two weapon cap. That and other things I've heard. I really don't care about Infinite and won't buy it when it comes out. Despite Bioshock being my second favourite game :I
Purple Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
Clonetrooper

You should thank for it, IT COULD BE ONE CAP
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Dealwithit07

Banned
It seems to have one, I've watched plenty of gameplay demos and Booker always switches weapons out.
Dealwithit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealwithit07 View Post
It seems to have one, I've watched plenty of gameplay demos and Booker always switches weapons out.
''In addition to the Sky-Hook, Booker can only carry two weapons at a time, and so will have to drop one of his current guns if he picks up another. ''

I have found that on Wiki
Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
MADDOGGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonetrooper View Post
''In addition to the Sky-Hook, Booker can only carry two weapons at a time, and so will have to drop one of his current guns if he picks up another. ''

I have found that on Wiki
Wiki 's have been wrong many times. I'll wait on release for the actual facts.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
Wiki 's have been wrong many times. I'll wait on release for the actual facts.
If we watch the videos very clearly, we can see that
Old 03-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #12
dragonhunter505

I remember watching a gameplay video of this and it showed like 4 guns on the top of the screen.
dragonhunter505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #13
Kendroxide

I think a limit of 3 or 4 weapons would be ideal. Two would be too little and not having a cap would take away any kind of decision making process (as well as making the game easier).

This way you would have to decide what weapons you want to take, and ammo would be more scarce (or at least on 1999 mode).
Kendroxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #14
Clonetrooper

I think we should keep our pistold all time, We can't place a machine gun where we place the pistol, right? Booker can have a bag for guns, ammunution and other things and he can holster his weapon on his belt.

Sorry for my bad English

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BioShock Infinite