Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Command & Conquer series

Old 02-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Savengaard

CnC3 GDI Campaign

Alright, I do not remember Normal difficulty, being this hard, I'm a long time player of CnC, hell, i even beat CnC3 a few years ago no problem. I'm playing on Normal, I don't like hard.

I was having a fine time, Croatia was no biggy once you know how to do it.

But the Scrin, my god, they are stupid. Their artillery ships out range all of my Anti-Air, when I try to Firehawk them, they get shot down.

I cannot build mammoth tanks up because i need to worry about ground defenses first, but then they get Destroyed by the Artillery, I focus on Air Defense, my Base gets . The Scrin Commando is also annoyingly powerful. I had 3 predator tanks, all 3 stars, 2 sonic turrets attacking the thing and it didn't die fast.

I love the CnC Series, I loved this game, but now all its doing is jarateing me off to no end.

Any Advice? or just say screw it and find another game?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
WrathOfLust

i was going to post some tips...but i have no idea from your post which mission your actually doing,Croatia has no scrin lol

But there are pretty damn awesome tutorials on youtube on how to beat just about anything so if you really get stuck you can check it out
WrathOfLust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
Savengaard

Croatia was pretty easy, the mission IM Stuck on is Mission 15, of the GDI Campaign, might have to play it on easy to beat it, ugh
Savengaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
Friendliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savengaard View Post
Alright, I do not remember Normal difficulty, being this hard, I'm a long time player of CnC, hell, i even beat CnC3 a few years ago no problem. I'm playing on Normal, I don't like hard.

I was having a fine time, Croatia was no biggy once you know how to do it.

But the Scrin, my god, they are stupid. Their artillery ships out range all of my Anti-Air, when I try to Firehawk them, they get shot down.

I cannot build mammoth tanks up because i need to worry about ground defenses first, but then they get Destroyed by the Artillery, I focus on Air Defense, my Base gets . The Scrin Commando is also annoyingly powerful. I had 3 predator tanks, all 3 stars, 2 sonic turrets attacking the thing and it didn't die fast.

I love the CnC Series, I loved this game, but now all its doing is jarateing me off to no end.

Any Advice? or just say screw it and find another game?
haven't played in a while but i don't remember anything being particularly hard about that one, so, i'm going to suggest the all-around win: rocket troopers + APCs.

will take out
  • scrin artillery ships
  • mastermind
  • everything else

throw a couple tanks and rifle troopers in for survivability and cannon fodder; maybe some bulldogs if air is really a problem; some snipers if inf is really a problem. a couple mammoths and/or juggernauts if you really want to put some backbone into it.

take out their expansion bases ASAP, and then save a big force -- or maybe two, for an attack from both sides at once -- to take out the big base.

but be aware: the C&C3 AI really has been programmed to be as annoying as possible. among other things: it micros better than you and it always will; and seemingly "obvious" tactics that have worked in the past like surgical air/commando/engie strikes; juggernauts; building tons of base defenses; are really just going to get you aggravated and lose a lot of money way too fast. a lot of these high-$, highly situational units are just meant to be used against your dumb human opponents, not the see-all, do-all, micro-master AI.

the reason i suggest rockets and apcs is that they are relatively inexpensive; tier 1; relatively high survivability due to their distributed nature; (not vs. certain tactical powers, but of course the AI is too dumb to use those effectively ...... although they will drive over ur dudes w/ tanks like masters); u can spam them and attack-move them in large masses, and they will still get the job done. (yeah, did I mention that despite playing hundreds of hours of skirmishes against hard+ AIs, that I'm actually terrible @ the game? :P but hey, if u can win being terrible, the rest should be easy, right?)

and BTW base defenses in general but especially GDI air are just too weak to count on as anything other than a mild deterrent. a nuisance which any serious attack will wipe out immediately.

one minor thing I will add: after forcing myself to learn how to use them, I realized that firehawk AA really is pretty powerful in the right situations. (but if they are getting shot down, obviously u are not in the "right" situation .) but for picking off lone whatchamacallits or carriers, they are sweet. also: firehawk + strato-boosters or afterburners or whatever the warp technology is = a good way to kill stuff and not lose $10,000 worth of planes every run.

check it out. GL/HF.

Last edited by Friendliest: 03-12-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
LaptopNut

Advice, play the game again but with a mod. Some of the mods ad stuff like the ability purchase repair drones, slightly more powerful characters, nuke tanks, bunkers for infantry and much more. Check out Talon Mod and Tiberium Essence. Mos of the mods ad buildable walls which can give you just enough time to recover from an attack.
LaptopNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Command & Conquer series