Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 02-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
jpnole

Skyrim NPC Editor - Make Lydia (or any NPC in Skyrim) wear what YOU want and more!

Use this mod - Skyrim NPC Editor

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/download...d=4554#content

Right now it's only on Nexus. It was uploaded 2 months ago and the creator seems to keep it pretty updated with activity as recent as yesterday. You can actually get more customization if you know the CK, however, this works well enough for the noob modder. Not all facets of the CK NPC modding toolbox are implemented yet but there is enough there to change out the default outfit and make a ton of customizations to your favorite followers. Personally, I have her default outfit set to her birthday suit and she will NOT spawn any armor, even if I send her back to Breezehome. The only thing she spawns is a new hunting bow each time you cut her loose. Using other mods that make the hunting bow accessible, I just take the extra bows and either sell or remove them via console. No more having Lydia's encumbrance hurt by the 4 pieces of "default armor" and no more having to remove those 4 pieces via the console every 5 minutes.

Last edited by jpnole: 02-27-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
danskove

Wait... we want her wearing clothing? Oops!
danskove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
jpnole

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskove View Post
Wait... we want her wearing clothing? Oops!
Not a problem, you can select from any default outfit in the game. I went with nothing because the default outfit is always hidden from trading.
jpnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
paulo_230

What about level scaling with player? Does it fix having to keep her updated via console? I wish there was just a companion fixer, would come in handy. This seems complex just for this but that's probably just me.
paulo_230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
jpnole

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_230 View Post
What about level scaling with player? Does it fix having to keep her updated via console? I wish there was just a companion fixer, would come in handy. This seems complex just for this but that's probably just me.
The option is there as "Yes/No". Not sure if it works but I checked Yes and we'll see next time I level up.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnole View Post
Not a problem, you can select from any default outfit in the game. I went with nothing because the default outfit is always hidden from trading.
Yea the only thing I do not like about this 'default' outfit is that they do not use what is in their inventory when they are not a 'follower'

So if you set a followers default as none in the CK they will always be undressed before you say 'follow me' or after you say 'go home' even if you have put a full set of armor in their inventory?

With Oblivion they used what was in their inventory so you could set up a follower in the Kit with a real mixture of whatever armor you wanted. Skyrim is stuck with the 'defaults' unless you want them in their underwear which is not what I had been trying to do.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #7
jpnole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton Warrior View Post
Yea the only thing I do not like about this 'default' outfit is that they do not use what is in their inventory when they are not a 'follower'

So if you set a followers default as none in the CK they will always be undressed before you say 'follow me' or after you say 'go home' even if you have put a full set of armor in their inventory?

With Oblivion they used what was in their inventory so you could set up a follower in the Kit with a real mixture of whatever armor you wanted. Skyrim is stuck with the 'defaults' unless you want them in their underwear which is not what I had been trying to do.
With this mod, I tested that out with some improved Steel armor and sent her away. Then I fast traveled away and went back and asked her to join me again. She had the same items I gave her, all equipped and able to be taken away by me if I wanted to. The only thing that re spawned was a hunting bow. Now the first time you load the mod they'll be nude or undies depending on your other mods. They will also be nude if you take their stuff.

Last edited by jpnole: 02-28-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #8
Breton Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnole View Post
With this mod, I tested that out with some improved Steel armor and sent her away. Then I fast traveled away and went back and asked her to join me again. She had the same items I gave her, all equipped and able to be taken away by me if I wanted to. The only thing that re spawned was a hunting bow.
Ta for that sounds spot on, not sure why Beth decided to change how the inventory worked with Skyrim, it should have been easily done within the CK just by changing what was in the inventory?

Silly thing is I'm sure the changes I tried showed as fine with the CK preview, but then she was in her undies in game, Oops He He.
Breton Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #9
jpnole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton Warrior View Post
Ta for that sounds spot on, not sure why Beth decided to change how the inventory worked with Skyrim, it should have been easily done within the CK just by changing what was in the inventory?

Silly thing is I'm sure the changes I tried showed as fine with the CK preview, but then she was in her undies in game, Oops He He.
My bad, I forgot to mention that yes, if no default is chosen, they'll be nude or undies (depending on your other mods) upon loading your mod. Also, make sure your follower has bent sent away and is back at their rest location first before loading the new mod you create.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V