Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Asm0d3us
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 56
Posts: 119
Will Fallen Enchantress be Avalable on Steam on release?

Before you buy FE read this review:
http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2012...-beta-preview/

Pre-Purchase Now and Gain Immediate Access to the Beta!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/21...r=1_4_4__105_1

http://forums.elementalgame.com/430306/get;last


Link 2 Lets play on yt:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL248CEA4F9E5F3EE3

Link 2 FE webpage:
http://elementalgame.com/

First huge mod: http://forums.elementalgame.com/421802/page/8/#replies

Last edited by Asm0d3us: 09-01-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Asm0d3us is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
w00ties
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Reputation: 381
Posts: 3,955
I've been checking in on the progress of Elemental: War of Magic every few months, but it seems as though Fallen Enchantress will be everything they promised. I would love to see the title on Steam, although it's more likely to be exclusive to Impulse.
w00ties is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Lansun
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 65
Is this like Civilization with magic? That's what it seems like ;O
Lansun is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
Parlock
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 247
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00ties View Post
I've been checking in on the progress of Elemental: War of Magic every few months, but it seems as though Fallen Enchantress will be everything they promised. I would love to see the title on Steam, although it's more likely to be exclusive to Impulse.
Stardock don't own Impulse anymore and they have started publishing on Steam, so who knows?
Parlock is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
Satoru
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reputation: 5122
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00ties View Post
I've been checking in on the progress of Elemental: War of Magic every few months, but it seems as though Fallen Enchantress will be everything they promised. I would love to see the title on Steam, although it's more likely to be exclusive to Impulse.
WoM was pretty bad. Not as bad as the SotS2 launch but still pretty bad. Hopefully FE can be all the stuff WoM never was.
Satoru is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
Pheace
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 909
Posts: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00ties View Post
I've been checking in on the progress of Elemental: War of Magic every few months, but it seems as though Fallen Enchantress will be everything they promised. I would love to see the title on Steam, although it's more likely to be exclusive to Impulse.
Since Sins Rebellion will actually be using Steamworks I wouldn't really assume they're into Impulse exclusives anymore, although it doesn't guarantee FE to come here either, since that was started before it all happened I think.
Pheace is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #7
GirlPower23
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 8436
Posts: 10,640
I'd say there is a good chance it will come to Steam. I believe Stardoct is very eager to get their games on as many digital platforms as possible. Since they sold off Impulse they are not obligated to support it anymore.
GirlPower23 is online now  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Daiichi
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 40
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
I'd say there is a good chance it will come to Steam. I believe Stardoct is very eager to get their games on as many digital platforms as possible. Since they sold off Impulse they are not obligated to support it anymore.
Yeah, I agree, especially since they now have few games on steam. I expect they'll want to continue putting their games on steam for now on.
Daiichi is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
Elenoe
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 149
Posts: 1,171
yes, one Fallen Enchantress here, please please, please, please
Elenoe is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
w00ties
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Reputation: 381
Posts: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheace View Post
Since Sins Rebellion will actually be using Steamworks I wouldn't really assume they're into Impulse exclusives anymore, although it doesn't guarantee FE to come here either, since that was started before it all happened I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlock View Post
Stardock don't own Impulse anymore and they have started publishing on Steam, so who knows?
Oh yes. I remember hearing about the acquisition but for some reason I didn't expect any change in Stardocks distribution methods. You could be right. Hopefully no promises were made early on in FE's development.

I'll definitely be looking forward to this title if we can get it through Steam

Perhaps another addition to the Steam Workshop? Mod support would be wonderful.
w00ties is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
Porcupeth
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 2147
Posts: 1,868
I'd like this on steam, looks good
Porcupeth is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
wizisi2k
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Reputation: 1
Posts: 43
I don't care if it's on steam or not because I am one of those people who gets it for free because I bought Elemental in August 2010. That said, It would be a nice idea if I can use my current key for the game with steam when it's released.
wizisi2k is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #13
Sifer2
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Reputation: 225
Posts: 3,787
From what I read since Gamestop owns Impulse now that Stardock doesn't release exclusively through it anymore. So its pretty much a given.

The question to me is whether this or Warlock Master of the Arcane will be the better game. I appreciate that FE isn't as much of a Civ 5 clone at least.
Sifer2 is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #14
Silicon Vampire
 
Silicon Vampire's Avatar
 
Volunteer Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2003
Reputation: 3942
Posts: 17,602
This question should be brought to the publishers.

__________________
Nothing to see here
Silicon Vampire is offline  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
w00ties
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Reputation: 381
Posts: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
From what I read since Gamestop owns Impulse now that Stardock doesn't release exclusively through it anymore. So its pretty much a given.

The question to me is whether this or Warlock Master of the Arcane will be the better game. I appreciate that FE isn't as much of a Civ 5 clone at least.
This is the first I've heard of Warlock, but it just seems like a Civ 5 mod. I have to say that FE looks more unique and as a result significantly more intriguing. Worth keeping an eye on both though.
w00ties is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.