Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
laffles

Banned
STOP LISTING BOTS AS PLAYERS

I'm getting so irritated joining servers with '32 players' to find a server full of bots.

I want to play with REAL PEOPLE online, does anyone play this ing game anymore?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
TAdams

Yep I agree, 100%. I do not mind bots, but do not list them in the player count. Especially when the AI is this bad

Signed!
TAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
daflipp

Quote:
The final item on today's refinement list is changes coming to the server browser. Players have made clear that they way to easily separate bots from live human players when selecting where they want to play. So what we are looking to do is add another number next to the player count to show the current amount. This will look something along the lines of Players/Server Size/ (Bot Number). In addition to that we are overhauling the information presented to the player in the lower left server info box to make sure it is both correct and useful to the player.
source
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
laffles

Banned
^that's great news.

I love this game and really want to play it, but all I get is bots. it's really irritating.
laffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
ehombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffles View Post
^that's great news.

I love this game and really want to play it, but all I get is bots. it's really irritating.
Those are all the players who are left playing this game.
ehombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #6
Mike Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffles View Post
I'm getting so irritated joining servers with '32 players' to find a server full of bots.

I want to play with REAL PEOPLE online, does anyone play this ing game anymore?

Have you EVER tried LOOKING in the bottom right hand box of the Browser to see the names of the REAL players???

Instead of cursing the darkness, try a candle!
Mike Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
Andreson

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Nomad View Post
Have you EVER tried LOOKING in the bottom right hand box of the Browser to see the names of the REAL players???

Instead of cursing the darkness, try a candle!
Yes, true. Rep to you.
Andreson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
DarkLiberator

Sorta why I use steam server browser. Shows the real amount of players in list.
DarkLiberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
TAdams

You want to have to click each populated server and look at who is in it to determine if they are real players or not? MP is playing online with other people, not bots. You want that, along with bad AI, choose to play SP.

How about just make it less misleading and not count bots as players in the player count... If there was more than a few populated servers for this game there would be a name for this - sadistic.

Adding extra clicks for performing menial tasks must be a consipracy of hardware vendors in order to sell more products. Why anyone would defend adding extra steps or clicks to perform the same task with less efficiency can only be referred to as "Hammer Legion Members".

The in game server browser is nothing new, why they keep screwing it up is beyond me, and no I am not talking solely about TWI. Many other companies seem to screw it up as well.

You can re-invent the wheel all you want, but when it turns into a square and doesn't work, you have inveneted nothing but fail.
TAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #10
DMasterST

Stop complaining, they aren't.
DMasterST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #11
Sonicdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMasterST View Post
Stop complaining, they aren't.
Wow you are really living in denial aren't ya?

It's a well known problem that it lists bots as players.
Sonicdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
DMasterST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicdawn View Post
Wow you are really living in denial aren't ya?

It's a well known problem that it lists bots as players.
No, you are living in conspiracies.

If I see 50-players-max server having 22 players, I join it and see 22 players. The 28 bots that are also present on the server aren't listed in server browser.
DMasterST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #13
mowskwoz

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=75724

This part in particular:

"The final item on today's refinement list is changes coming to the server browser. Players have made clear that they way to easily separate bots from live human players when selecting where they want to play. So what we are looking to do is add another number next to the player count to show the current amount. This will look something along the lines of Players/Server Size/ (Bot Number). In addition to that we are overhauling the information presented to the player in the lower left server info box to make sure it is both correct and useful to the player."

It's one of the things they're working on along with many others. I recommend reading the news and announcements and also looking at what's in the current beta build being tested for a patch. Some of your other concerns might be addressed as well.

The TWI forums are considerably more informative than the Steam forums. For actual information, questions and support, you should probably look there first.

I hope that helps.
mowskwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
Sonicdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowskwoz View Post
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=75724

This part in particular:

"The final item on today's refinement list is changes coming to the server browser. Players have made clear that they way to easily separate bots from live human players when selecting where they want to play. So what we are looking to do is add another number next to the player count to show the current amount. This will look something along the lines of Players/Server Size/ (Bot Number). In addition to that we are overhauling the information presented to the player in the lower left server info box to make sure it is both correct and useful to the player."

It's one of the things they're working on along with many others. I recommend reading the news and announcements and also looking at what's in the current beta build being tested for a patch. Some of your other concerns might be addressed as well.

The TWI forums are considerably more informative than the Steam forums. For actual information, questions and support, you should probably look there first.

I hope that helps.
Like I said, a well known problem.

Thanks for that link by the way, good to hear that they are working on it.
Sonicdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
Skopjanec

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehombre View Post
Those are all the players who are left playing this game.
go and spam on mw3 forum go and play cod kid. btw guys when you click on a server in the bottom is writen who is playing.
Skopjanec is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad