Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Auditorium

Old 02-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
wcoastsands

Cipher Prime
Talking Auditorium 2: Duet Kickstarter

That's right! We're fixing to make a sequel to Auditorium. But like the first, we won't be able to do it without your support. Instead of PayPal donations though, this time around we've turned to Kickstarter to help cover part of the cost of development.

As fans of the first Auditorium, you're in for a treat. Auditorium 2: Duet is going to be bigger, better, and -- most importantly -- it's going to be multiplayer. The game will also have a single player mode, but the true spirit of the game will be multiplayer.

Watch the Auditorium 2: Duet Kickstarter video, let us know what you think, and help us out if you can. An amount is much appreciated and will go a long way in helping us during the development process. For more in-depth, behind the scenes coverage of us and our Kickstarter project, be sure to read these exclusive features by Joystiq:

Gamasutra posted an interview of us on our early days as a studio, How freelancing on the side let Auditorium dev Cipher Prime follow a dream.

We also have a couple Auditorium 2: Duet concept art desktop wallpapers available now on our website.

Last edited by wcoastsands: 03-29-2012 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Updated list of articles & added goodies
Old 03-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
R2SS

This is an idea for an orb to add to multiplayer. For the sake of being easy, I'll call it a Trapper. What these do is work in conjunction with Swirl widgets. Solace 3:4 provides the best example of this. You can use one Swirl widget to get both red equalizers maxed out, and can build up the blue in the other swirl to quickly bring it over to fill up the blue equalizers.

This is a pic of this happening on Solace 3:4.

For A2:D, if the actual purpose of the 2nd widget was to trap colors and bring them over to another part of the puzzle, you open up more possibilities for crazy crazy puzzles.

Just spit ballin'.

Last edited by R2SS: 03-04-2012 at 10:57 PM.
R2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
0cean

i would like an auto orientation save when you complete a level.

sometimes i want to tweak it but it finishes too soon. or show how i just completed it without a piece.

sort of like "view your own past solutions" option.
0cean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Johnny Law

Alllllmost theeeeeerrrre...

You guys got quite the finishing surge!
Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
wcoastsands

Cipher Prime
@Johnny Law: Yeah! Took us totally by surprise, too! For a while there it looked as though we wouldn't make it. Thanks for the support!

@0cean, R2SS: These suggestions are awesome! Definitely taking them into consideration. Thanks!

So we hit our $60k Kickstarter goal for Auditorium 2: Duet, and just in the nick of time, too! Duet gained more than 30% of its funding in the last 3 days alone. We can't thank everyone enough for coming out of the woodwork at the last minute to help us out! As a show of gratitude, we have a couple goodies for you.

We've got less than 2 days to go on our Kickstarter. So be sure to get any last minute pledges in soon to take advantage of the Kickstarter exclusive rewards. Thanks again everyone for the support! We couldn't have done this without you.
wcoastsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
pinkie.pyro

Congrats! I've never done a Kickstarter before; when will I be charged for it?
pinkie.pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
wcoastsands

Cipher Prime
Everyone who pledged gets charged as soon as the Kickstarter ends. For Auditorium 2: Duet that'll be around midnight tonight. If it hadn't reached its goal, no one would have been charged. Thank you so much for supporting us and our Kickstarter
wcoastsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
vittau

Congrats guys!
Now I hope all goes well in the development of the game.

(I also hope it doesn't take too long for we to get our Fractal steam code, I really want to play it )
vittau is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Auditorium