Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori

Old 02-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
kalirion

Unhappy I suck

It just took me over 45 minutes to solve Bubble Barrage 10. That's a "Normal" level! How long will the hard ones take me...?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
G.Lecter

Some of the BB Normal maps aren't that easy, I don't remember the map you're talking about exactly, but 45 minutes isn't that bad IMO...

FYI, It took me 3 days to solve the last Bubble Barrage hard map...
G.Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
moldy_tomato

You shouldn't feel bad about taking so much time on the levels.
Be glad that you actually solved it.

Some levels are designed to make the player get the wrong impression on how to approach solving the level, like Slimy Sewer Hard 6; it took me so many hours to figure out this simple looking level, just because of the trap that pushed my thought process off the rails.

I think the last Bubble Barrage Hard level is the hardest in the whole game (took days for me also), even though there's still one level I haven't been able to solve, which is the Test Lab Bonus 2
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Anza Power

Yeah the game's tone is very misleading, you look at the images and think it's a kids game but it's actually one of the hardest puzzle games I've played, I hadn't had a challenge like this since Braid...
Anza Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
kalirion

Thanks for the encouragement all! The remaining BB Normal puzzles were not quite as hard, though still took some time, and then the credits rolled, so I guess I should take pride in actually finishing the game

Now for the Hard / Bonus / Test Lab levels... I figure about one a week each should be right

Last edited by kalirion: 02-29-2012 at 08:10 PM.
kalirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 AM   #6
Shad0WeN

Just remember that every time you learn something new it's like another tool you can put in your bag.

The way I like to start figuring out a solution for a level is to look around and analyze things first. Attempt to figure out what egg it makes the most sense to get last, either because you must or because it conserves the most resources. Look at each egg if see if you can determine which ones are the most tricky and perhaps must be obtained in a certain way or ways. Try and use the frozen monsters as part of solutions to save items wherever possible. Also consider when it may be useful to leave an egg in place rather than immediately grab it, either because it can be used to block/redirect a monster or because a rock can be stacked on top of it. These are just general guidelines but definitely part of the thought process I would suggest going through.

Some of the Slimy Sewer and Bubble Barrage hard levels are pretty tough. Bubble Barrage Hard 5 in particular took me quite some time.

Once you manage to beat all of the stock levels then you should have the skills to graduate to taking on some great custom levels that are posted in the forums here

Last edited by Shad0WeN: 03-01-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Shad0WeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0WeN View Post
or because a rock can be stacked on top of it.
Hmm, never thought of that one (unless I used it for an earlier puzzle and forgot.)

Last night spent 2 hours on Bubble Barrage Hard 1, and then thought of the answer right before falling asleep. Ended up with 1 teleport to spare too!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalirion View Post
Last night spent 2 hours on Bubble Barrage Hard 1, and then thought of the answer right before falling asleep. Ended up with 1 teleport to spare too!
I just had to try if I could figure out your solution, and I think I might have.
Does your solution involve telewarping over a fish?
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldy_tomato View Post
I just had to try if I could figure out your solution, and I think I might have.
Does your solution involve telewarping over a fish?
Yup, from left to right. I froze the fish first, but I could have as easily done it afterwards.

Now I'm completely stumped by BB Hard 2...
Old 03-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
G.Lecter

Quote:
Now I'm completely stumped by BB Hard 2...
That one's hard indeed... O_o I think it was the one that took me the most time (besides the last Bubble Hard map...). The other ones aren't as though IMO, so maybe you want to skip it... The level before the last one is my favourite one in the whole game btw, it was very fun to constantly revise the solution until you eventually find the right one...

Quote:
Hmm, never thought of that one (unless I used it for an earlier puzzle and forgot.)
I think that wasn't used in the original game, but there are a few custom maps that involve placing things on top of eggs...
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #11
Shad0WeN

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Lecter View Post
I think that wasn't used in the original game, but there are a few custom maps that involve placing things on top of eggs...
Actually, there is at least one level I can think of where it was used:

Spoiler:
Test Lab Bonus 7
Spoiler:
you get the bottom egg last by dropping a rock on top of it, and telewarping through it to avoid dying on the spikes below when you fall

Last edited by Shad0WeN: 03-05-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #12
G.Lecter

Yeah, forgot about that one... I think I didn't use it in any other level, although there may be some 'cheapskate' solutions involving it...
Old 03-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
Shad0WeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Lecter View Post
Yeah, forgot about that one... I think I didn't use it in any other level, although there may be some 'cheapskate' solutions involving it...
possibly, but I wouldn't know since that was where I first discovered it & had already solved most of the other levels
Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #14
StreetFighter

Banned
Dude you don't. I gave up and copypasted some Hard and late Bubble levels from YouTube.
StreetFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #15
Shad0WeN

if you get stuck just have another game to play so you can come back to it later after a 'breather'

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Toki Tori series > Toki Tori