Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BioShock 1 & 2

Old 03-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
Clonetrooper

Developer oversights

I will try to post some Developer Oversights from both games, some of them are found and written by me, I found some of them from other players and from unofficial Wiki

1- In Welcome Center, where you ''pop your cherry'', There is only two ways, One is tunnel with a malfunctioning door, the other one is where you came so after we fall from balcon, How 2 splicers and pair of Metal Daddy and Little Sister managed to come near us?

2- Atlas had originally planned for Jack to go directly to Neptune's Bounty from the Transit Hub in Rapture's Welcome Area, nowhere in Neptune's Bounty will the player find a passage leading to the Welcome Area. There are not even any locked doors or blocked hallways which might lead to other areas in Neptune's Bounty containing such a passage; however, it is possible that the "To Neptune's Bounty" hallway in the Welcome Area (which becomes blocked off when you try to enter it) could have led to a Rapture Metro station, where one could take a bathysphere to the fisheries. Though if this is the case, it is odd that they would label the hallway with a destination that was not even directly attached to the Transit Hub, since the only other option, the Medical Pavilion, is directly attached.

3- How Subject Delta manages to eat and drink while his helmet is on?

4- How Jack and Delta manages to carry 8-10 weapons? Maybe that's game desing, most of the games are like that.

5- When injecting an eve hypo, You can see Jack's both hands are under the effect of plasmid but You can't see these effects when using a weapon, Plasmids have an on/off feature?

6- Subject Delta has a diving knife, It is sometimes can be seen in cut-scenes and sometime is is not there.

7- After the capacity upgrade with pistol, it is visible that the primers on the rounds are already used even though they are about to be fired. The rounds in the upgrade don't even move, so it looks like 5 bullets are always in there, even if there is only one left, bringing the total bullets up to 19, not 24.

8- The clip size upgrade with pistol in BioShock would be rather odd in real life, as it would increase horizontal recoil (in this case, to the right) which would make it a lot less accurate. A better solution would have been to add an extension on the other side, as is the case with the Shotgun in BioShock 2.

9- The Damage Upgrade on Delta's Shotgun doesn't actually make any logical sense; sawing off the barrels of a shotgun wouldn't make it more damaging, but probably less damaging instead due to the considerably larger spread, and therefore inaccuracy that it would have. The only logical reasoning might be that it would make the gun more easily store-able.

10- When Jack enters the room where he faces Fontaine, he is not wearing his Big Daddy suit, as apparent by the missing helmet. Its unknown if it was intentional to the story, or an error by the developer.

11- In Fort Frolic above the Atrium there are two schools of fish swimming in a loop. One of the schools swims so close to the roof, that two of the fish actually swim through the wall and into the Atrium.

12- Trams in Olympus Heighs are extremely short.

13- Prentice Mill once said that the Atlantic Express links the "oldest parts of Rapture." Considering this, and that Hephaestus is likely one of the oldest parts of Rapture due to its power supply, it seems odd that the Atlantic Express does not have a definite station there. It could be that the station was in a blocked off area, but there are still no signs of any transportation system, besides Rapture Metro, anywhere on that level.

14- For some technical reasons, the sentence spoken by Jack during the game's introduction is in fact not played entirely, but can be found complete in the audio file vo_s_1_pl_playerintro. Oddly, all the versions of BioShock in other languages (French, Italian, German and Spanish) play the translation of the whole sentence at the beginning of the game.

15- Sometimes in both games, Subtitles will not match the words, Example: In Pauper's Drop, Eleanor is speaking with you in The Limbo Room, She says ''You are evolving fast but you must find me'' but caption says ''You are evolving quickly''

16- In the part where you choose how to take care of the first Little Sister, nobody teaches Jack how to cure or harvest the sister but he is doing it without any difficulties like he done it before.

17- Dr. Tenenbaum invented a plasmid to free the Little Sisters, In Bioshock 2 Nobody gives that plasmid to Subject Delta but he can still cure the sisters.

18- In the Outer Persephone, when Subject Delta wakes up after being knocked unconscious and just before taking control of the Little Sister, he is facing the wall with the Little Sister vent on it, but when control of the Little Sister is dropped and he is rescued by Eleanor, he has somehow been turned a full 180 degrees and is facing the doorway.

19- When Subject Delta is strapped on the table, it seems that it's impossible for him to look to his feet without removing his helmet, as unlike Big Sisters or Rosies, Alpha Series have their helmets strapped to their chests.

20- In the Medical Pavillion, from the entrance to Surgery the player can see the surgery wing is about five stories high with a flat roof. However, inside the building is only two stories high with a glass ceiling.

21- Some circuitry boards in Ryan's office were constructed by Fontaine Futuristics. One bears a plaque stating that it was last inspected 12/20/1941. This was before the founding of Rapture.

22- In a security photo labeled "Shoot On Sight" seen on TV screens in the game, Delta appears to be holding a Rosie's Rivet Gun and not the one the player receives in the game. In another, labeled "Interloper", Delta appears to be holding the Rivet Gun he actually uses in the same manner as the Rosie's Rivet Gun shown in the "Shoot On Sight" photo.

23- In the Pauper's Drop, A television at the entrance to the level shows a Security Camera shot of Subject Delta in front of the sign for "J Green Groceries." Oddly, the player does not encounter this store until the next level, Siren Alley.

24- in the Frank Fontaine's office there is also a large portrait on the wall of a man who resembles Fontaine standing next to a woman and a small boy. The picture is entitled "The Fontaine Family," but it is unclear who the people depicted in it might be, since Fontaine told Jack that he never had a wife or child. Maybe the boy is Frank Fonraine and the man is his father and the woman is his mother.

25- In the final level of Bioshock, Fontane's electricity form does not bleed, nore does he bruise when the player shoots or melees him with their wrench.

26- Fontaine uses a recycled Splicer model in BioShock before his change in the final level, so he shows ADAM-induced deformities even though he tells Jack that he has never spliced before. The player never sees Atlas/Fontaine up close, so this distortion is meant to go unnoticed.

27- Before Subject Delta shoots himself with Luger pistol He removes his helmet but after he ressurrects from Vita-Chamber he has his helmet on.

28- In Neptune's Boutny Multiplayer map, The tail section of Apollo Air Flight DF-0301 appears on the Lower Wharf, and has been purposed as a ramp up to the Grenade Launcher Turret platform. However, (like multiplayer) this is non-canon since the events that take place in Fall of Rapture are a year prior to the events of the first BioShock.

29- In the first BioShock, the antenna on the radio in the bathysphere and on the HUD icon are reversed.

30- The radio used in BioShock is impossibly resilient to damage of any kind. Likely being somewhere on Jack's exterior, he receives intense physical contact, electrocution, is set on fire, is blown up, and frozen, yet the radio remains intact throughout the duration of the game.

31- Subject Delta has a radio built into his suit somehow since it activates as soon as he awakens after first being revived at a Vita-Chamber. It appears to be covered with a thin layer of seaweed, slime, and coral. But we can see Subject Delta's suit is shining like a new suit in opening cinematic and after the resurrection then how that built-in radio managed to decay and covered in seaweed while the other parts of the suit did not?

32- In Bioshock 2, We can find SpearGun next to a Rumbler's corpse and lots of dead splicers, That means Rumbler was using that weapon but the other Rumbers in the game can't be seen using that weapon.

33- Although the first Rivet Gun the player finds is sitting next to a dead Rosie, it looks completely different compared to the Rivet Guns that Rosies use. One can compare between the Rivet Gun acquired by Subject Delta and the same weapon used by the Rosie in the multiplayer.

34- Delta can loot .50 BMG rounds from Splicer Machine Guns, which is unrealistic considering that Tommy Guns fired .45 ACP rounds (each around an inch in length) while .50 caliber rounds are about the size of a bank note. This is likely due to gameplay reasons, as it makes searching for ammo much less daunting.

35- Moments before Bioshock 2's ending cinematic, Where you are running to the Sinclair's lifeboat, You can see the door is open and there is no one in the boat but Sofia Lamb was in the boat in that moment and how the explosives didn't damage the lifeboat?

36- In Dionysus Park, If the player watches the second ADAM-induced memory closely, they will notice that the little girl at the start is a regular Little Sister, whereas at the end it is Eleanor's actual child model. Whether this had some intention is unlikely, and is possibly an oversight from an earlier build of the game.

Last edited by Clonetrooper: 03-09-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
plate of pie

did you notice these? if so your quite good at it,anyway thumbs up to you,youve noticed alot of things there
plate of pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
Edeslash

I've seen this list before, he didn't find them. And most of them are miniscule oversights.
Edeslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edeslash View Post
I've seen this list before, he didn't find them. And most of them are miniscule oversights.
I just copied half of them from wiki and edited, as for the others, I found in the game and wrote them and I will try to update this post

Last edited by Clonetrooper: 03-02-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
plate of pie

ive noticed that after the cutscene where you shoot yourelf in bioshock 2 you are ressurected your helmet is bakc on after taking it off to kill yourslef
plate of pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by plate of pie View Post
ive noticed that after the cutscene where you shoot yourelf in bioshock 2 you are ressurected your helmet is bakc on after taking it off to kill yourslef
Good find, I am adding
Old 03-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
Clonetrooper

Multiplayer maps of Bioshock 2 is different from Single Player maps, Should I add it?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
MADDOGGE

LOL, you think too much OP. It's only a game. Just roll with the punches. No game is perfect. It's not possible.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
LOL, you think too much OP. It's only a game. Just roll with the punches. No game is perfect. It's not possible.
Of course no game is perfect but some people like to see unneccecary information and maybe this can help the other developers to make a realisticer game
Old 03-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
Phantom9000310

More realistic != more fun
Phantom9000310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #11
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom9000310 View Post
More realistic != more fun
Right, Bioshock Infinite will have 3 weapon capacity
Old 03-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
UsernameWarcry

Why are there so many Splicers to kill in BioShock 2? I mean, you've killed a crap ton of them in the first one.
UsernameWarcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #13
stevethepocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonetrooper View Post
I will try to post some Developer Oversights from both games, Few of them are written by me, I found some of them from other players and from official Wiki
Oversight #0: There is no "official wiki" for this game or 99% of others out there. If you're talking about the Wikia site, no, nothing on Wikia is the official anything of anything.

In all seriousness, this is an interesting list. Let me see what I have to say about these...

Quote:
5- When injecting an eve hypo, You can see Jack's both hands are under the effect of plasmid but You can't see these effects when using a weapon, Plasmids have an on/off feature?
Presumably so; that's how you can toggle between them in the first place.

Quote:
9- The Damage Upgrade on Delta's Shotgun doesn't actually make any logical sense; sawing off the barrels of a shotgun wouldn't make it more damaging, but probably less damaging instead due to the considerably larger spread, and therefore inaccuracy that it would have. The only logical reasoning might be that it would make the gun more easily store-able.
I would love to hear the developers' excuse for that. I assume it must have been some kind of joke, like it was 4:30 on Friday and someone was like "Let's just have the upgrade be he saws it off; everyone knows sawed-off shotguns are cooler than the regular kind." And then they laughed and put it in and hit the bar.

Quote:
10- When Jack enters the room where he faces Fontaine, he is not wearing his Big Daddy suit, as apparent by the missing helmet. Its unknown if it was intentional to the story, or an error by the developer.
I imagine he'd have taken off the whole suit on the ride up. The extra armor isn't worth how much it'd weigh him down.

Quote:
11- In Fort Frolic above the Atrium there are two schools of fish swimming in a loop. One of the schools swims so close to the roof, that two of the fish actually swim through the wall and into the Atrium.
Ha! I never caught that! And I've been noclipping around Fort Frolic's atrium a lot lately because I'm trying to recreate the area in a Team Fortress 2 map. I'll have to look for that next time.

Quote:
14- For some technical reasons, the sentence spoken by Jack during the game's introduction is in fact not played entirely, but can be found complete in the audio file vo_s_1_pl_playerintro. Oddly, all the versions of BioShock in other languages (French, Italian, German and Spanish) play the translation of the whole sentence at the beginning of the game.
What is the whole sentence, anyway? I'm too lazy to look it up. I do remember hearing the audio file of the background sounds from that intro where the stewardess asks Jack "Would you kindly return your seat to an upright position?" or something.

Quote:
17- Dr. Tenenbaum invented a plasmid to free the Little Sisters, In Bioshock 2 Nobody gives that plasmid to Subject Delta but he can still cure the sisters.
I bet that was meant to happen in the Atlantic Express station where he meets her, but then things got lost in the shuffle. It'd be an interesting question for the developers.

Quote:
24- in the Frank Fontaine's office there is also a large portrait on the wall of a man who resembles Fontaine standing next to a woman and a small boy. The picture is entitled "The Fontaine Family," but it is unclear who the people depicted in it might be, since Fontaine told Jack that he never had a wife or child. Maybe the boy is Frank Fonraine and the man is his father and the woman is his mother.
This is probably a coincidence, but there is a plausible explanation: According to that novel that came out last year, Frank Fontaine is an imposter. He killed the real Frank Fontaine (a genuinely upstanding fishing tycoon) and assumed his identity before coming to Rapture. Perhaps that picture is of the real Fontaine's family, whom he also had killed and made to look like an accident, and kept the portrait to keep up the ruse. (I have not actually read the book.)

Quote:
27- Before Subject Delta shoots himself with Luger pistol He removes his helmet but after he ressurrects from Vita-Chamber he has his helmet on.
Tenenbaum probably arranged for him to have his helmet retrieved and put back on him whenever back when she found him in the first place. Come to think of it, how did she find his body, where was it that whole time, and just how decroded of a body can those Vita-Chambers revive?

Quote:
28- In Neptune's Boutny Multiplayer map, The tail section of Apollo Air Flight DF-0301 appears on the Lower Wharf, and has been purposed as a ramp up to the Grenade Launcher Turret platform. However, (like multiplayer) this is non-canon since the events that take place in Fall of Rapture are a year prior to the events of the first BioShock.
Easter egg, I assume. Rather badly hidden one though.
stevethepocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #14
Clonetrooper

Thanks for your posts

Quote:
Oversight #0: There is no "official wiki" for this game or 99% of others out there. If you're talking about the Wikia site, no, nothing on Wikia is the official anything of anything.
Okay, I changed it to ''unofficial wiki''

Quote:
What is the whole sentence, anyway? I'm too lazy to look it up. I do remember hearing the audio file of the background sounds from that intro where the stewardess asks Jack "Would you kindly return your seat to an upright position?" or something.
"When Mum and Dad put me on that plane to visit my cousins in England, they told me, 'Son, you're special, you were born to do great things.' You know what? They were right."

Quote:
This is probably a coincidence, but there is a plausible explanation: According to that novel that came out last year, Frank Fontaine is an imposter. He killed the real Frank Fontaine (a genuinely upstanding fishing tycoon) and assumed his identity before coming to Rapture. Perhaps that picture is of the real Fontaine's family, whom he also had killed and made to look like an accident, and kept the portrait to keep up the ruse. (I have not actually read the book.)
I wonder what was his real name but now We can't never know.

Quote:
Why are there so many Splicers to kill in BioShock 2? I mean, you've killed a crap ton of them in the first one.
It is a big city and the places we see in Bioshock 2 is different from Bioshock, Jack didn't clear them.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #15
stevethepocket

Plus, even within the game, they will keep respawning forever, so clearly Rapture has an endless supply of the things.
stevethepocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BioShock 1 & 2