Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 03-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
Renegrenade

Unable to Finish No Stone Unturned - Help!

Ok, so I've found all the stones and cleared out Tolvald's cave, but the path to the crown is blocked by a cave-in. I can't see a way through and I've looked at videos of people getting the crown and there isn't a cave-in for them.

What's going on? Did I miss something?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
bobczes

First of all, did you talk to Vex to activate this portion of the quest? Secondly are you in the portion of the cave with a ghost and a bunch of broken carts, books, sacks, etc. The crown should be there and there are no cave-ins which prevent access to this area.
bobczes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Renegrenade

Yeah, I was told to go to the caves by Vex. I'm in Tolvald's crossing in the area where there was a ghost by a pile of bones. There is another skeleton crushed under the rocks that are blocking my way.

I've watched videos to see where I should be going but it seems I'm in the right place, the path is just open on the videos but it's closed off to me.
Renegrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
bobczes

Read this and see if it helps.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Tolvald%27s_Cave

Where it mentions 3 sections cave, gap, and crossing each one has a loading screen. The last section where the crown is located is a big open high roofed vault with large pillars and a creek running through it.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Renegrenade

Thanks, but trust me, I've looked at all the wikis and walkthroughs I can find. I'm 100% confident I'm at the right spot, its just there's a big rock there blocking my way that isn't there for everyone else it seems.

My only thought is that this passage only opens when you accept this quest and for some reason it just didn't for me. I have a ton of mods, so maybe something interfered.

Does anyone know a workaround? If I use console commands to add the crown to my inventory will that work or will it break the quest?
Renegrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Platinumoxicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegrenade View Post
Does anyone know a workaround? If I use console commands to add the crown to my inventory will that work or will it break the quest?
To make sure you don't break the game, don't place it in your inventory. Place it at your feet. I think the console command is moveto player It simply moves the object to your coordinates.
Platinumoxicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
hakuba_jen

I had the same problem. I think it had something to do with the Stones of Barenziah location mod. One way to get around it is to input the console command "movetoqt TGCrown" That will teleport you into the room. You can grab the crown, though the ghosts did not spawn for me. I then used the console command "player.moveto a2c94" to go back to Lydia, who was still outside. If you have another companion, you can find their code and just teleport out to them, or any other NPC in the game, actually.

Happy Questing!
hakuba_jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
hakuba_jen

Also, you should disable the mod, if you have it, because I ran into a problem where Vex didn't remove any of the stones or the crown when I gave them to her when I had the mod enabled. When I disabled it and reloaded, she took the stones and the crown.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
WCPope

turn off clipping in console, and walk through the rock? tcl
WCPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
stoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobczes View Post
and there are no cave-ins which prevent access to this area.
Yes there are. The pointer is behind the cave in.
stoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
bobczes

I guess I was wrong. I googled this quest and never saw a single mention of there being any restriction to access that area. I guess as far as bugs go this one is not prevalent. A rare bug indeed.

EDIT: I also have the stones location mod. I subscribed to get the last few stones I was missing. The mod did not negatively affect my game.

EDIT: If you don't want to go for the Crown of Barenziah(on PC) you can use console command "setstage TGCrown 50" to set a quest to a point where you already have the Crown of Barenziah and after that "player.additem 0009DFF5 1" to add 1 Crown of Barenziah in your items.

Last edited by bobczes: 03-04-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #12
magicman525

Quote:
Ok, so I've found all the stones and cleared out Tolvald's cave, but the path to the crown is blocked by a cave-in. I can't see a way through and I've looked at videos of people getting the crown and there isn't a cave-in for them.

i did this quest i know why he cant get there that quest to get behind the wall hes trying to go to he has to take something from the chest in that room so it triggers the falmer coming in through the way you need to go if this is what he means in the cave for the crown there is a blocked way at the end of the cave and that blocked way is opened by you taking things from a chest in that room the falmer trigger the door in there do that kill the falmer then go through the passage i know cause in my first playthrough i thought the same thing you cant obtain the crown unless you take the stuff in said chest in the room cause the falmer trigger the door to the crown its funny that they would put said crown in a hidden passage in that cave hope this helps you dude take everything from that room its a certin item in there witch causes the doors to open

Last edited by magicman525: 03-04-2012 at 07:14 PM.
magicman525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
hakuba_jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman525 View Post
i did this quest i know why he cant get there that quest to get behind the wall hes trying to go to he has to take something from the chest in that room so it triggers the falmer coming in through the way you need to go if this is what he means in the cave for the crown there is a blocked way at the end of the cave and that blocked way is opened by you taking things from a chest in that room the falmer trigger the door in there do that kill the falmer then go through the passage i know cause in my first playthrough i thought the same thing you cant obtain the crown unless you take the stuff in said chest in the room cause the falmer trigger the door to the crown its funny that they would put said crown in a hidden passage in that cave hope this helps you dude take everything from that room its a certin item in there witch causes the doors to open
Goodness, that's the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen.

Renegade is talking about a different area. I know what you're talking about, but Renegade is stuck much, much later in the level.

Like I said before, you can either teleport yourself into the room with "movetoqt TGCrown" and teleport back out, or do as WCPope suggested and input "tcl" to walk through the wall.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #14
RedBat

Quote:

I have the same problem. So I did the console tcl thing and it worked. but Vex did not take crown and stones from me, I used the mod that identified where the remaining stones were, think that was the problem?
RedBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #15
bobczes

Try going to Vex and after opening the console type
setstage TGCrown 50
press enter and ~

If that doesn't work substitute 200 for 50
setstage TGCrown 200

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V