Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 03-02-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
Adzy27

Killing Ancano

Has anyone successfully killed Ancano in the Winterhold college he is resistant to everything tried shouts and scrolls nothing works i do have the staff of mage......

Cheers

Adzy
Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
MistySun

First use your Staff of Magnus on the eye to close it completely...it must be closed tight.
Then as soon as it is closed, turn to Ancano and use all you got on him...including fire spells.
Also use a summon spell if you have any to help you.
Don't let him get near to the eye or he will try his hardest to open it again to get back his power.
MistySun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
hawk318

Yeah, he opens it again, use the staff to close it.... there are a couple of others helping you so don't confuse them with Old Arcano.....

cast summon spells if you have then and hit him with fire and or lightning (I like the "chain lightning" as it goes around corners ....and he runs alot.

I kept hitting other mages and you probably will as well.... but you can pay the fine and all will be ok.
hawk318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
iiShawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzy27 View Post
Has anyone successfully killed Ancano in the Winterhold college he is resistant to everything tried shouts and scrolls nothing works i do have the staff of mage......

Cheers

Adzy
Lawl I just spammed him with the Staff of Magnus.
iiShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
ConradCA

You are suppose to be able to recharge the staff from the eye.
ConradCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
magicman525

i just used the staff on the eye then used it on him when he stoped touching the eye and came after me keept doing that till he died o and fwi if you have dead thrall spell ancono is a epic wizard to hang around with once he dies use dead thrall to bring him back permently he can down a elder dragons health to half in 5 hits he uses long ranged magic plus hes one of the speacil dead thralls he wont moan if you ressurect him he will actully speak like he use to when he was alive i should know i have him as my body gaurd
magicman525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Adzy27

Talking

Magicman that is awesome! Good work i might try closing the ball and defeating him at this stage, thanks everyone for your help i used the staff of mage on him then he just wanted a fist fight
Adzy27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V